PDA

View Full Version : Hi Cartographers!

DarkJackalX
03-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone, I am a long time lurker and just starting to post my works. I look forward to sharing them with everyone and getting great feedback. This community really is so helpful and considerate. I hope I can get good enough to help some new cartographer's out as well. I use Photoshop and am currently working on a few regional overland maps to fit a larger world. I love great fonts and unique world/city elements. I currently DM a 4E campaign set in a created world.

I have attached a WIP, Rhodesia for your constructive criticism. I am currently working on adding rivers and some more land details. I would love any feedback, thanks!

Lailokken
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Heya!

Very cool map. Love the colors and the font. Is it your own? Also curious about what's going on with the compass rose. Does each point actually say something.. or is it for decoration? Regardless.. it really does contribute to the overall feel of the map. Hope to see more of your work.

Welcome to the Cartographers' Guild!

-Lailokken

NeonKnight
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

lothel
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Welcome.
Wow, love that map! The blue is really stunning.

maxsdaddy
03-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for sharing. I like the washed out compass rose and contrast of colors you've used. Welcome to the guild.

Talon44
03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
What font did you use for the "Rhode Isles" text? I really like it.