PDA

View Full Version : Mass effect maps

NeonKnight
03-15-2012, 05:24 PM
So, I have been absent for a while, and well, I am trying my hand at writing a set of rules to allow me and my friends to play a Pen-&-Paper version of Mass Effect, and where would the fun be without a cool set of maps, so for your viewing please my first Mass Effect maps, the GALAXY MAP. Soon to come the various systems and Relays maps.

NeonKnight
03-15-2012, 11:32 PM
And here is a Clusters Map of the Mass Effect Milky Way Galaxy.

This map was a lot more hard to put together as it is a combination of the Galaxy Maps from the three Games (and those were isometric and not top down).

NeonKnight
03-16-2012, 05:36 PM
First of the Cluster and System Maps, Argos Rho

Bogie
03-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice maps very Interesting. AND one more post and you hit 5000 Neonknight!

NeonKnight
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
So, still working on my MASS EFFECT Project, and part of it was locating some images of the various ships and figuring out a scale of the various. Thanx to some excellent images by Toodon8 over at deviant art (http://troodon80.deviantart.com/gallery/32481208) I modified some of his comparison charts to have color images of the various ships and vehicles and provided some scales to them.

Gidde
04-19-2012, 10:16 PM
What a great project, and the maps look cool too!

Love me some Mass Effect :)

bartmoss
04-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Very nice work!

I can't wait to see if you can map some sense of the ME3 ending though.

Okay, sorry, I couldn't resist the quip nor the bad pun. :)

NeonKnight
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Very nice work!

I can't wait to see if you can map some sense of the ME3 ending though.

Okay, sorry, I couldn't resist the quip nor the bad pun. :)

Yeah for my RPG the ending....didn't quite happen that way. The Reapers were destroyed but the Mass Effect relays were not

bartmoss
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
My suggestion would be that the Crucible simply interfered with the Reapers' systems, and especially their shields, allowing Shepard's fleet to chop them to pieces.

NeonKnight
04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I like that idea...still holding out Hope EA releases something cool to give a better ending that DOESN'T involve no future liscense options. :(

Winner
04-29-2012, 11:03 AM
(my first and probably the last post on this forum :blush: )

I've made a map of the Mass Effect universe using the most accurate depiction of the Milky Way I could find. The map in the game is actually outdated in many respects and the new "map" is pretty different.

Obviously, I had to make some compromises due to the inconsistency of the ME galactic geography with the real galaxy and also the internal ME inconsistencies. However, the map should be relatively accurate - more accurate than most other fan-made maps I could find. I plan to add "borders" later, but I don't consider that a priority since they mean very little in the ME universe. On that note, if a cluster is marked, say, as "Human Space", it means there is a significant presence of the species there. It doesn't imply the cluster is fully integrated into the species' polity.

My suggestion would be that the Crucible simply interfered with the Reapers' systems, and especially their shields, allowing Shepard's fleet to chop them to pieces.

Exactly. I've made an effort to forget the ending and imagine an ending of my own - which is pretty much what you described, in combination with the indoctrination theory explanation of the "ending".