PDA

View Full Version : [Paid] Hand Drawn Map Elements!

DarkJackalX
03-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Hey!

I am looking for a talented artist to create some unique map elements (read high res photoshop brushes) in a similar style to Ramah's free ones (found: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?7573-Mountain-brushes-from-Ramah-s-Aronbor-map and http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8095-Hand-drawn-map-elements&highlight=ramah). Upon completion the brushes would be made public so everyone could use them. I am looking for 20-30 brushes at first but if the artist is interested I could commission much more!

As for the elements/brushes themselves they are "exotic world elements" think a orb of light surrounded by floating rocks, an eternal swirling hurricane or a dwarven citadel inside a obsidian mountain.

As for time, I would like to have at least some done within two weeks and the rest finished with four... not that I think they will take that long, just allowing for busy schedules :)

Lastly, I want to fully compensate the artist for his/her time and hopefully gift the guild with some unique brushes to spice up their world! P.S. If you have any requests of unique elements that you would like please post them here and I find them intriguing I will add them to my list :)

Thanks!

rpgmapmaker
03-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a fun project. I am not a "pro"-artist but I would be interested in doing some tests to see if you like them. Post or PM me a list of the elements you want and let me know the one you want me to do first as a "test". I have done some brushes in the past with a mouse but I just bought a wacom tablet and would like to try it out on something like this.

-RPGMM

Lukc
03-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd love to do a few as well. Especially those involving hamsters, were hamsters, dire hamsters, vampire hamsters and, of course, half hamsters.

jfrazierjr
03-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Lukc, you forgot the (and the most important) fearsome Miniature Giant Space Hamster....

Morgan
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Lukc, you forgot the (and the most important) fearsome Miniature Giant Space Hamster....

With or without the crazy bald guy? :D

Lukc
03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
What bald guy? I have hair still!

Schwarzkreuz
03-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh well i would jump on the train too. I still have to do some hundreds more Mountains :D

Morgan
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
What bald guy? I have hair still!

No, no, I didn't mean you... you have a fur as I can see from your avatar. :D
The bald guy has something to do with the miniature giant space hamster!
It was a character from Baldur's Gate, a ranger, completely crazy, and his animal companion was the Miniature Giant Space Hamster (which of course was a normal hamster, but the guy is crazy, I told you!) :D

jfrazierjr
03-31-2012, 02:42 PM
No, no, I didn't mean you... you have a fur as I can see from your avatar. :D
The bald guy has something to do with the miniature giant space hamster!
It was a character from Baldur's Gate, a ranger, completely crazy, and his animal companion was the Miniature Giant Space Hamster (which of course was a normal hamster, but the guy is crazy, I told you!) :D

Guy was Minsch. hamster was Boo

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!"

Schwarzkreuz
03-31-2012, 11:12 PM
@DarkJackalX

Besides this sounds like a nice thing, I just wanted to ask what these brushes will be used for? I mean you dont commission brushes for the fun of it alone, are you?
Oh and well, my request would be a lot of funny Trees (walking burning trees, smiling undead trees, underwatercoraltrees, boneeating flying trees and so on). I am realy bad at trees, but good at mountains and weird structures.

Could you set up a list with elemenst you want?

Morgan
03-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Guy was Minsch. hamster was Boo

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!"

Indeed! Aww, I couldn't remember the quote, thanks for reminding me! :D
There was also another one on Baldur's Gate 2, the warcry before the final battle. It was great but I couldn't remember it either. And I'm off topic. Sorry! :P

jfrazierjr
03-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Indeed! Aww, I couldn't remember the quote, thanks for reminding me! :D
There was also another one on Baldur's Gate 2, the warcry before the final battle. It was great but I couldn't remember it either. And I'm off topic. Sorry! :P

I also like:

See battle Boo? Run, Boo, run!
And

Boo points, I punch. Is very simple relationship, but it is effective.
and

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Morgan
04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I also like:
See battle Boo? Run, Boo, run!
And
Boo points, I punch. Is very simple relationship, but it is effective.
and
What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Is this a good reason for granting reputation? :D

jfrazierjr
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Is this a good reason for granting reputation? :D

Hmm.... I don't think either Minsc or Boo have an account here, so it's likely a moot point.

Morgan
04-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Hmm.... I don't think either Minsc or Boo have an account here, so it's likely a moot point.

No, I meant you for knowng this! :D

Gidde
04-02-2012, 02:36 AM
In my ever-so-humble opinion, repping someone for getting a beloved obscure reference is absolutely valid. At least I hope so; I'm pretty sure I've done it at some point ;)

jfrazierjr
04-02-2012, 09:22 AM
No, I meant you for knowng this! :D

Heh.... yea, I took your meaning, but as usual, I sallied forth 'cross the plains of silliness.(this line is just another excuse for me to tilt at the windmill of flippancy...). In honest truth, while I had the original quote dedicated to memory, the second and third I did not have the exact wording for, so looked it up. I then also found the forth which I don't really remember at all, but..well it was so damn funny I thought why not share in the frivolity. :)

Now we will return you to your regularly scheduled Mapmaking Request(or perhaps not since the OP has not replied back). Move along people... nothing to see here....(well.. at least not until there actually IS something to see...)

EDIT: Argh!!! I have gone and borked this thread so badly. If you do what I said, you would not look at the thread even if there was something to see here, so how would you know there, in fact, something to see here? Where is a Community Leader when you need one???? <goes aimlessly searching for something to help re-rail this de-rail...>

DarkJackalX
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
If anyone is interested in doing these please send me an example brush of the following:

A colossal arena carved from a single block of gold flecked marble stood alone atop the highest mountain. (Make sure it's high resolution and matches the mountains referenced in the original post!)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Morgan
04-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Heh.... yea, I took your meaning, but as usual, I sallied forth 'cross the plains of silliness.(this line is just another excuse for me to tilt at the windmill of flippancy...). In honest truth, while I had the original quote dedicated to memory, the second and third I did not have the exact wording for, so looked it up. I then also found the forth which I don't really remember at all, but..well it was so damn funny I thought why not share in the frivolity. :)

Now we will return you to your regularly scheduled Mapmaking Request(or perhaps not since the OP has not replied back). Move along people... nothing to see here....(well.. at least not until there actually IS something to see...)

EDIT: Argh!!! I have gone and borked this thread so badly. If you do what I said, you would not look at the thread even if there was something to see here, so how would you know there, in fact, something to see here? Where is a Community Leader when you need one???? <goes aimlessly searching for something to help re-rail this de-rail...>

Oh, my, I feel so stupid now! :D
Well, we went far abroad through the ocean of the off topic, but at least the post will gain in popularity, so perhaps it'll attract more people, thus enhancing the chances that someone gets the job done.
This is what I say so I can sleep at night, at peace with myself! :D
Ok, let's stop this. Or better, let's MOVE this. Not enough for reputation, perhaps, but enough for a friendship request!
There's a lot of spamming coming somewhere! :D

DarkJackalX
04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Apparently no one likes money!! I am now throwing in unicorn rides to sweeten the deal.

jfrazierjr
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
DarkJackelX, for what you are wanting, you might consider searching for Djekspek's threads and seeing if that is a style you like. He has made some really cool stuff and could probably do something real good for you with what you are looking for. Also, he does take Commissions, but have has not been around much, so he may be too busy. There are a few others such as Ramah, or perhaps Gamerprinter, but most people(myself included) don't do their own illustrations for cities, etc... I would suggest looking around for something in a style similar to what you are looking for and the try to contact them directly via PM.

Lukc
04-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Hehe, hang on - I'll get you the arena drawn. But I thought you might have a mountain style fitted to it ;)