PDA

View Full Version : Glory Shall Be Mine

jesuisbenjamin
03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
So this map's been sleeping for a while now, but it's been worth it. I've recently managed to finish it, working around Inkscape's memory leaks.
This maps's meant for a game of strategy and diplomacy I am working on called: "Glory Shall Be Mine". The game's about subduing others through diplomacy, trade and warfare, and the aim is to get your hands on 5 items that will make you the richest, the mightiest, indeed the most glorious.

I'm quite proud of the result, although I will look into an alternative way to render cities. I hope you like it too :)

Edit 31/03/12: changed the frame to match banner colour scheme.

Wannabehero
03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
This is really well done jesuis, it has an endearing simple, semi-cartoonish style that I really dig. It conveys the geographic information without overly crowding the board with details. I think your method of rendering the cities is just fine and fits with the less-is-more presentation of the map. I suppose you could try an iconic type approach, like those found here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8095-Hand-drawn-map-elements&highlight=ramah), but I think this is great the way it is.

Totally repped, thanks for sharing this!

jesuisbenjamin
03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Excellent icons, perhaps too detailed for this map, but it could make a good template.

PS: name is Benjamin ("je suis" is French for "I am" ;) )

Quabbe
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
That's a damn pretty map! For the purpose as a board game map, it fits absolutely perfect.