PDA

View Full Version : [WIP?] Vrelec - a Spa town surrounded by Cliffes etc.

Lukc
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM

I had a couple of hours to burn during a lecture today and drew up this ... a town for tired adventurers to go relax and recuperate in after adventures slaying Ice Giants and Frost Lizards and Skimpy Remorhazzim.

I ... I haven't decided whether to colour it yet or not.

Gidde
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
That's just thrown together in a couple of hours? I think I'll go hang myself now lol.

It's awesome.

Joshua
03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Luka! You need to do one of two things: 1) Either stop being so ridiculously good at this, or 2) Find the part of your brain responsible for your talent, cut a section out, and GIVE IT TO ME! :D

Really, though, your maps are enviously good. There's a lot for me to learn just studying them. Awesome job. :)

rdanhenry
04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Relax? With those obvious ruins of some previous settlement clearly indicating that something doubtless yet lurks beneath the surface? And... is that a skeleton of a... I'm going to go with giant bird... in the big pool?

Morgan
04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Gorgeous. Where do I buy the ticket for the SPA? :D

You know, I like your B/W style a lot, but I also think that a bit of color would be cool, and would help to better clarify land features.
I honestly don't know which version could give the best result, but I think you should give it a try! :)

Lukc
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Relax? With those obvious ruins of some previous settlement clearly indicating that something doubtless yet lurks beneath the surface? And... is that a skeleton of a... I'm going to go with giant bird... in the big pool?

Yes, I think it's a giant bird. Probably a roc or something like that. Maybe a dragonbird. I would think adventurers would positively love the calming, homey feel of a spa situated dangerously close to the ruins of some ancient, nameless evil!

Hopefully I'll get around to colouring this map soon, but things are kind of busy with me moving to Holland in four weeks and a 1-page dungeon challenge to address as well, not to mention work, family, Easter, dog, cat, fish ... on the other hand, all it takes is an evening when I have enough energy to start fiddling with it :D

Larb
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
That's pretty. And yes, try colouring it. I'd like to see how it turns out.

octopod
04-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I would think adventurers would positively love the calming, homey feel of a spa situated dangerously close to the ruins of some ancient, nameless evil!

Absolutely! See, that way, you can really relax because you know it's dead! :D

This is awesome. I love the ruins especially. So you just drew it in pen during lecture and scanning it afterwards?

Lukc
04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Absolutely! See, that way, you can really relax because you know it's dead! :D

This is awesome. I love the ruins especially. So you just drew it in pen during lecture and scanning it afterwards?

Yeah, letraset 0,1 and 0,3 mm black pens on a bleedproof pad. No biggie.

siby
04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Very cool map. Love it!

Gidde
04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I forgot to ask earlier .... while this is gorgeous, shouldn't one be *listening* to the lecture in question? ;)

Mattk
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
very creative, great idea!

Lukc
04-04-2012, 03:55 AM
I forgot to ask earlier .... while this is gorgeous, shouldn't one be *listening* to the lecture in question? ;)

Oh, I listened - it helps me listen if I doodle. But I was mostly there to hear a friend's lecture about an hour later. :)