PDA

View Full Version : Completed - Watcher's Cove

MTGEmperor
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I have been in the Guild for only a short while but I am ready to show the world the first finished map.

As some of you know, I write short stories, mostly for fun. This map came out of story under the same name. I could use some constructive criticism.

Just, be gentle.

Joshua
03-30-2012, 10:37 PM
The thing that stands out most to me is that the names would be better served with something around them to make them easier to read. An outline, or perhaps a drop shadow, something like that. :) Just to give them a bit more pop. For a small map like this, I'd also stick to one text size. I use different size text to denote things of importance or vast size difference, e.g. all my cities will be one size, and all my towns will have a smaller text to reflect the difference. But personally, for labeling different zones or areas like this, I'd just keep it the same.

I really like the island's shape, though. :) And I love the little tiny islands within the bay. Looks like a lot of adventure could be had there!

MTGEmperor
03-31-2012, 01:21 AM
I really like the island's shape, though. :) And I love the little tiny islands within the bay. Looks like a lot of adventure could be had there!

If only the island was big enough. That scale read 0 - 1, and I use the American system of miles.

However, thanks for the props. I am still proud of this map; it did help bring out my story much better . . . until the story died with no material.

MTGEmperor
03-31-2012, 04:43 PM
The thing that stands out most to me is that the names would be better served with something around them to make them easier to read. An outline, or perhaps a drop shadow, something like that. :)

BTW, you could check out my DeviantArt page of this map: http://mtgemperor.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4myoop
Hope you enjoy the contents!