PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Homeless Maps Here

Torq
04-17-2008, 03:55 AM
If you have any maps that you have done, whether they have been posted on the site before or not, that you wouldn't mind donating to the CWP, please post them in this thread.
I would be nice to give them a good home.

Obviously this does not apply to world maps, continent and large regional maps, but anything on a smaller scale that you have done we would love to have.

Please post the maps together with any suggestions you may have as to where they would best fit.

Torq

Torq
04-17-2008, 03:59 AM
I thought I would get the ball rolling by donating my Greenstone monastery map and the map of the nearby village of Gadryz.

I dont mind where they get slotted in, if at all.

Torq

ravells
04-17-2008, 05:25 AM
I've got a monastry location on my map which I could rename and use! (as if by chance!)

torstan
04-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay, I'm no good at large scale world building maps but I do have a few maps knocking around that might be of use. I'll happily post them here to be used by anyone who wants them for their areas. Here's a town:

Torq
04-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks Torstan, thats the spirit. Nice map too. I'm sure it will get slotted in somewhere. Everyone needs a nice rural hamlet after all.

Torq

Sir Alain
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Hope this works. First time uploading to this forum. I'll give up Stag's Bend. It's one of the first CC2 maps I did using the Mappa Harnica plugin. I think the original CC2 file still survives on an old harddrive somewhere. If it turns up, I'll pony it up too. Sorry the resolution's crappe. It's the only copy I can get my hands on right now. Understandable if it turns out to be unusable...

Torq
04-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks Sir Alain, much appreciated. Looks generic enough to be put in somewhere. If you do find a higher res version please let us have it.

I hope you will be able to apply your town mapping skills and get involved in the CWBP. If so check out the Region threads, plenty settlements there to be mapped. If you want to do one just chat to the region's mapper.

Torq

NeonKnight
04-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Man, you are gonna be sorry you asked for homeless maps from me ;)

ravells
04-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Are we going to edit the names of the contributed maps so they fit with the worlds? I guess so, but that means that they have to be editable.

Torq
04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
If the maps are editable then we can change names to fit them in. If not we should try, in my view, to fit them in anyway, or at least endeavour to find a place for them where they blend in contextually.

Torq

loydb
04-23-2008, 06:30 PM
If you can think of someplace it would be useful, I'll donate this one...

http://www.blankenship.com/cadwyn/maps/photoshop/miniplane%20small.jpg

RPMiller
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
You might need to remove the copyright though. Not sure about that though.

loydb
04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I can provide a hi-res version without the copyright meeble. I just don't know if it's of any use -- I haven't been following the world build, so don't know anything about needs/styles/etc.

RobA
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to push CC licensing. You might have noticed Chel's post of the wax seal (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showpost.php?p=17903&postcount=1) has a PD (public domain) license. This makes it clear to everyone how the image can be used.

To explain CC (Creative Commons) licensing better, head over to their website and watch a video (http://support.creativecommons.org/videos/#gc) that explains what CC licensing is all about. Then pick a license for your work and let people know, either by including it in things you post, or even adding it to your sig!

-Rob A>

Torq
07-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Wiki editors be advised. Torstan has kindly offered his Dreeston and surrounds map for use by the CWBP. He has also offered to change the names if needed and has posted one with no lables. It would be a pity, in my view, to let a map like this go. Anyone think of a suitable place?

Torq

industrygothica
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Wow.. nice map. Nowhere screams out at me right now, but I'm sure something will come up eventually. I wish I could find a place in my area for it--I'd love to have a map of that caliber associated with it. ;)

industrygothica
07-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Very crude maps my friends... and very old.. all done in CCpro... the ft. kelm one was actually done in just Campaign Cartographer... before there was a PRO...

geez... i'm old

Corbaire is a simple village...
Ft kelm is a larger city ....
and you guessed it ... telakir prison is a prison ... an island prison to be exact... seem to remember someone asking about that around here somewhere...

Hmm... says the images cannot be displayed because they contain errors.

Steel General
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Hmm... says the images cannot be displayed because they contain errors.

Weird...they loaded OK for me...

delgondahntelius
07-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Deleted the old post and put this one up .. wouldn't let me do it any other way

For some reason when my CC3 saves to PNG some browswers and editors can't view the PNG... but I got them fixed now... not like the maps were 'all that and a bag of chips' ... but here they are again...

and for those that missed the first post...

Fort Kelm is a Fort....
Village of Corbaire is a Village...
and the Telakir Prison is a Prison ... on an Island...

Made these YEARS ago back when all I had was a little program called Campaign Mapper... the predecessor to Campaign Cartographer, somehwere around 95... 96

I actually still have the zip file... I believe its considered freeware... or at least so out of date you don't need a key for it... I'll check and make sure if anyone is actually interested in something like that...

industrygothica
07-04-2008, 03:25 PM
The software has indeed come a long way, hasn't it?

Steel General
07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Made these YEARS ago back when all I had was a little program called Campaign Mapper... the predecessor to Campaign Cartographer, somehwere around 95... 96

I actually still have the zip file... I believe its considered freeware... or at least so out of date you don't need a key for it... I'll check and make sure if anyone is actually interested in something like that...

Campaign Mapper was included as part of the Core Rules 2.0 CD back when it was still TSR. I have that disc laying around here somewhere...

rpgmapmaker
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Well this is a cool thread :)

I don't have many maps suited to this project but I did find one.
It is more like a test but because it is blank, perhaps someone might fix it up to fit their region. I did it with pen & paper and through a dust & scratches filter over it in PS... hope someone can use it.

-Chris

delgondahntelius
07-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Campaign Mapper was included as part of the Core Rules 2.0 CD back when it was still TSR. I have that disc laying around here somewhere...

I too have that sitting here somewhere... and your right... that may have been where I got it from .. tho I seem to remember having it before I got CR2.0.. man I love that program... mainly cause it saved me so much time looking thru rulebooks with its handy dandy help files and search features..

Steel General
07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, I used it frequently myself, as well as Campaign Mapper until I bought CC2...if only I could find those CC2 disks, hmmmm...

The Cartographist
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
rpgmapmaker - I REALLY like your map. It's simple, clean, and looks just like something that would come straight out of a fantasy world (IMHO).

Nice.

ravells
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Wiki editors be advised. Torstan has kindly offered his Dreeston and surrounds map for use by the CWBP. He has also offered to change the names if needed and has posted one with no lables. It would be a pity, in my view, to let a map like this go. Anyone think of a suitable place?

Torq

If nobody wants Torstan's map I think it would make a great map of Riverwash in the Beastlands....Torstan, what do you think? May need a little adjusting but not much.

torstan
07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, if Riverwash can take mountains of that size then I am more than happy to do a little relabelling accordingly. If it needs more adjustment than that then please let me know.

ravells
07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
The only adjustment I can think of is that the river needs to extend off the north edge of the map. Other than that I think it's perfect.

Cheers

Ravs

torstan
07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Fair enough. Do you want to do the relabelling or shall I?

I'll change the river when I get a moment.

ravells
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Please be my guest. The only existing information is the name of the town, so if you'd like to elaborate, please go to town!

Gamerprinter
07-15-2008, 11:29 PM
The DnDAdventures contest is over and I didn't win, oh well. :(

This means my Lair of Lhessadrak (lawful evil priestly lich) temple citadel is available to populate a dark corner of the CWBP.

Rather than repost the map, here's the link to post, in the Building/Structure WIP Forum...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3788&d=1211521659

Any takers?

GP

ravells
07-16-2008, 06:35 AM
I would love to have this for the 'House of the Dead' location on the Beastland's map:
a. because it fits perfectly with the theme.
b. because I love your maps and would be proud to have one of them in the beastlands.
- but I'm acutely aware that I have already claimed Torstan's homeless map and don't want to be too greedy. So put me on the reserve list and nobody else wants your map, I'll happily take it on.

cheers

Ravs

industrygothica
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I would love to have this for the 'House of the Dead' location on the Beastland's map:
a. because it fits perfectly with the theme.
b. because I love your maps and would be proud to have one of them in the beastlands.
- but I'm acutely aware that I have already claimed Torstan's homeless map and don't want to be too greedy. So put me on the reserve list and nobody else wants your map, I'll happily take it on.

cheers

Ravs

Bah! There's been plenty of time for someone else to step up. And you're right, it fits perfectly for the HotD.. take it, I say!

And then promptly set up some sort of adventure for us all to play. ;)

Gamerprinter
07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Rather than worrying about claiming another abandoned map, I say, it should be used for the House of the Dead in the Beastlands.

I will explore the CWBP and see what other "abandoned maps" I could create to spread some more hand-drawn joy around. I'm thinking about something in Thrubmorten Fens, some swampy wilderness around a particular site - haven't decided what, though.

GP

ravells
07-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Cheers, GP!

Do you want to post it on the CWBP or shall I?

Gamerprinter
07-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Go ahead and post it, Ravs.

Though I've submitted some entries in the WIKI, I am less adept at it. :|

GP

Midgardsormr
07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I am much happier to see the locations cluster in particular areas for now rather than being spread out all over the map. I have been toying with the notion of kicking off an adventure for my wife out there in the Beastlands, mostly thanks to that terrific Fort Lost map.

ravells
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Fair enough. Do you want to do the relabelling or shall I?

I'll change the river when I get a moment.

Hi Torstan - if you don't have time to do this, I'll give it a go over the weekend. Extending the river may be a bit of a challenge without the original file with the layers etc but I can give it a go.

torstan
07-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Apologies, and thanks for the prod. Here's the map with the river going off the north.

I guess Riverwash is the name of the town at the mouth of the river, and that's the only settlement in the area? If so I'll rejig the labels for this. I don't really have too much time to do the thinking up of alterations, but if someone else comes up with ideas then I'm happy to place the labels.

Skycast
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Well, doing some digging and thought I'd start uploading some old maps I've done in the past but never really done anything with. The first is an old CC2 map in various stages of completion...never got around to using it for a campaign.

ravells
07-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Torstan! Are the dashes meant to represent roads? If you don't have any objections to my overlaying some settlements on the map, would it be possible to post a version without the dashes, crosses and the dot for Riverwash? Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Ravs

ravells
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Skycast, I'm afraid regional / world maps are of little use for adoption into the CWBP since those maps have already been done. What I think we are after are small location maps like towns, cities, localities, dungeons etc which people can incorporate into their maps. Nice maps though!

torstan
07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Ta-dah!

Is that about right for you?

Skycast
07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry Ravells, I just looked at the message title and not where the message was and thought I'd throw up some old maps. I think I do have some old maps that fit that bill though...I'll dig around.

ravells
07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow that was fast! Thanks Torstan!

No worries, Skycast!

torstan
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
It's all on layers so it was pretty trivial to do. Happy to help, an glad that its found a use.

Steel General
07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
OK folks, here you go. My first "real attempt" at a city map, the City/Town of Raedis, feel free to make use of it.

If you'd like the .PSD, I'll be more than happy to provide it (~42MB unzipped)

Valarian
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Could I take Raedis as one of the lesser city states of the Akron region?
I've got just the place for it :)

Steel General
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Could I take Raedis as one of the lesser city states of the Akron region?
I've got just the place for it :)

Valerian - Absolutely, it's all yours! Let me know if you want the .PSD or if there are any minor changes you might want.

Steel General
08-04-2008, 07:41 PM
OK...my latest map really doesn't fit my little piece of the CWBP so if anyone wants to use it for another area feel free.

Here's a link to the thread. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showpost.php?p=28550&postcount=53)

Steel General
05-06-2009, 06:13 PM
OK, thought it was about time to give this thread a bit of life again.

Below are two of my maps (originally Seagaard & Shadizaar). I have stripped off all of the labeling and now make them free for anyone to use in the CWBP.

You can download and label them yourselves, or I am more than willing to add any labeling you might need.

Hopefully someone will find these a nice home (they don't fit my little 'corner' of the CWBP).

Enjoy...

industrygothica
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
OK, thought it was about time to give this thread a bit of life again.

Below are two of my maps (originally Seagaard & Shadizaar). I have stripped off all of the labeling and now make them free for anyone to use in the CWBP.

You can download and label them yourselves, or I am more than willing to add any labeling you might need.

Hopefully someone will find these a nice home (they don't fit my little 'corner' of the CWBP).

Enjoy...

So I was looking on the overview map to see if these fit anywhere... and of course I was looking for islands or something for the first one. Found a spot straight away, and you can only imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was, indeed, in your area of the Thargellian Highlands.

With just a bit of rotating, it looks like it'd make a pretty good Nyshdari to me. Try it, and see what you think.

-IG

Steel General
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll give it another look.

Feralspirit
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I would be happy to offer this work if it would be helpful somewhere.

Jykke
07-21-2009, 01:01 AM
My monthly challenge map 'On Nemo's back' can be used for this project after the contest has ended. Not sure if it fits in or if anyone wants to use it.. but that's what I'm offering.

pippin369
10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
umm Just a question but is there any format i should use ?
Sorry im kinda new :P

Vellum
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Just what is the CWBP?

Vellum
10-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Oops hit enter too quick :-( I see that's is a cooperative world build project, but what was is exactly for? Was this to set up as a universal campaign etc? The wiki is offline to view, I guess for spam reasons. So if any of you long time guys would like to give me an update I would appreciate it.

Sepulchrave
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
This project is incredible. The idea is genius and I can only imagine the creation process and execution is and will be breathtaking!
Good luck

Sepulchrave
03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

I thought I might try to start contributing to this project. I am a complete noob when it comes to GIMP. I literally downloaded the program and started playing around with shadows and airbrushes to throw together this idea for a Sanctuary. It's a WIP but I think this could be a perfect, little addition to any forest-river regions. I used a simple paintbrush in different shades of green to make the trees and sprayed some dark airbrush to simulate an acceptable texture. The rest is just simply mouse-drawn. There are probably a hundred easier, more precise and more pro ways of achieving a much better design. As soon as I have some time I promise I will look through the guild's tutorials! ;)

The structure at the parting between the river and its estuary is the "Pedelaphos" Temple (I built the term from ancient Greek, roughly it translates to child of the stag), sanctuary to an isolated, forest-dwelling cult dedicated to self preservation through hunting fishing and foraging. They idolize the Stag and Nature in itself (nothing hippy, just respect for the living strength of nature and its creatures). It was built, taking advantage of an unusual gathering of trees, thought to be sacred, in a greatly fertile and fauna-populated section of the woods. The sanctuary is in fact enclosed mostly by these trees combined with stone and wooden planks, made from the branches of the same plants, that link above the structure. The platform hereby created serves probably as a stage of some sorts for certain rituals (not sure yet). The entrance of the temple is decorated with a giant set of antlers, in honor of their noble idol.

(Obviously these are all ideas that came to mind while I was very noobily designing it, any one can use it and call it whatever they want!)

I added a clearing in the northern forest area. I was thinking of adding some monoliths or an altar or both for rituals, similar to Stonehenge perhaps....

A single house with its own developed fields is the only real object of civilization. I'm not sure who lives there yet.

Having seen some of the work on this site and the talent that shines from it, I feel very humble (if not ridiculous) publishing something so crude. I was impatient to start so I just took a stab at it.

All criticism is more than welcome. I'm here to learn, and from what I've seen this is the best place! :)

Gary
09-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Nice maps Torq