PDA

View Full Version : My First Map

adrimarie
04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I found Schwarzkreuz's awesome brushes (lifesaver!) and went to work. This is my first map in Photoshop. Be gentle, I'm still in the newbie stages of Cartography.

Parchment and all other effects are done by me. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: Oh yea, it's nowhere near finished in case anyone was wondering.

Veldehar
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Clearly in an early stage but it has character. Certainly curious to see where it goes from here. There are a few trees brushing over a river a bit, which is visually a bit uncomfortable especially when it peeks through the lines. But that is a personal thing, others may not mind that.

adrimarie
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the tip Veldahar, I'll definitely fix that I'm a stickler for details. It's really difficult placing all them dang trees without piling up a thousand layers :x

elemental_elf
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I really like your mountains, they look great.

Jahobius
04-17-2012, 05:45 AM
One thing that buggers me are the mountains around the lower lake. I know that these aren't meant to be to scale, but the trees around them are higher than the highest mountain. But besides that I quite like what you've done so far.

elemental_elf
04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
One thing that buggers me are the mountains around the lower lake. I know that these aren't meant to be to scale, but the trees around them are higher than the highest mountain. But besides that I quite like what you've done so far.

I agree with this, the trees could be smaller, and maybe a bit less dense. :)

adrimarie
04-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Trees always seem to give me a hard time, I hadn't noticed the height difference before but I'm working on redoing that whole island, it's such a pain. Thanks for your input guys :)