PDA

View Full Version : World- and regionalmap

lerche
04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Hey here's my new worldmap (still under progress) and a regionalmap.

zekrish
04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Really like the world map! Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Lukc
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, your regional map mixes miles and kilometres, so right off I'd say that's one thing to be careful of, keeping your units constant. Otherwise, the map looks fine for a start, if a little bit bland - although it might just be my laptop screen - but the colours are very muted and the labels very discrete. If this is a style you're aiming for, then you're good with that. It really depends what information you are trying to convey at the world-map level.

Your coastlines look good, if in places very fragmented - but suddenly, NW of your Gulf of Gods, you have a peninsula that seems just incredibly plain and the coastline looks artificial. So, that might need a bit of a tweak.

Veldehar
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
The basics are looking pretty good and shaping up well, but I will concur with Lukc on everything mentioned in the above post. The regionals look to be informative and practical, albeit lacking punch. And there are some labels/symbols on the world map that seem to unnecesarrily bump into edges. Solid starts all around.

bartmoss
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I really like the shape of your continent, that couldbe a cool campaign area. Lots of sea travel and trade, for certain!