PDA

View Full Version : A webGIS devel among artists

fnorte
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi all,

I discovery this forum working in a personal project. I'm studying and working developing WebGIS (Geospatial Information system), and had the idea to use the GIS to fictional maps like the "Songs of ice and fire", get some maps over net and made my first test here: http://fnorte.org/got

I'm still know this forum and etc, this link above it's just a initial tests, the idea is to be continued with more informations and more zoom levels to cities and other informations like characters routes, castle and cities information etc.

Ideias, help, comments are welcome.

Nice to meet you all...

My regards,

Fernando Norte
Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil

arsheesh
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the Guild fnorte. I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Gidde
05-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome aboard!

Hai-Etlik
05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Welcome. It's good to have another GIS type around.

Welcome to the Guild fnorte. I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

That wouldn't work, it's not just an image, It's a web page running an OpenLayers slippymap.

Clercon
05-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Welcome to the guild!

fnorte
05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks you all for the greetings,

I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.
Sorry arsheesh, but like Hai-Etlik said, it's not a map, I'm not draw any map, generally I use the map of yours to create a enviroment to navigate in them.
In that exampled link above I just 'georeferenced' 3 different maps to be overlayed at the same position. In the future I want to find more maps with details of cities and regions to be zoomed to and create more rich details about this fiction world.
Like the title post, I'm not an artist like yours, I'm a programmer that transform several map art pieces of yours in a rich detailed information composed.