PDA

View Full Version : *slinks in*

Chel
04-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi! I popped in earlier and submitted my first WIP here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?p=17721&posted=1#post17721

But thought I'd backpeddle and introduce myself properly. :]

I'm from the back woods of Alaska, attending art school in Seattle for Game
Art & Design. I do all my work on a lap top; fortunately I have my trusty
Intuos 2, makes life significantly easier. Thus far I've focused mostly on
character art and realism but recently I've been forcing myself to branch out
in the direction of backgrounds, cartoons and you betcha, maps!

I've always had a love affair with maps, ever since my brother put them all
over his room. He wouldn't let his little sister play D&D with his friends, but I
always drooled over the books and the maps he drew for his campaigns. I
never did get outgrow the fascination. :D

I stumbled across this site via a comment one of the members here made on
someone else's deviant art page, inviting them here. >.> ...decided to invite
myself.

Seems like a great little community!
-Chel

RobA
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Hia Chel!

Nice to see you here! Not everyone's big brother was so mean :) Glad you survived the early years and found your way here!

-Rob A>

NeonKnight
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Again, Welcome to the group....ah chicks and D&D...is there anything sweeter ;)

Gamerprinter
04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Welcome, Chel, let's see some more of your artwork, perhaps post a map.

I've lived in both Seattle and Alaska. I went to Kindergarten and first grade in Seattle. Actually I lived in Alaska two different times in my life. My first 3 years were spent in Anchorage and Soldotna. Then I was later stationed at Fort Richardson, Alaska (Anchorage) during the mid '80s, while in the U.S. Army.

So you're from my old stomping grounds! (I'm not a Cheechako!")

8)

ravells
04-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Chel, I loved your pirate map - looking forward to seeing more. Real pity you missed one of our recent challenges which was to map a pirate's hideout - but check out this months challenge - which is to draw a sea chart (an ability at which you clearly excel).

Welcome to the Guild!

Anna
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Welcome Chel

You didnít slink in, you made a big entry with a great map!

//Anna

Chel
04-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Ooh, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been really surprised by the amount of
replies! I'm use to creative forums being so.. dead. :? But this place is great!
I'm looking forward to much tinkering and poking around.

The Cartographist
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome, Chel. PLEASE take a stab at this month's mapping challenge. I think that you could make quite an impact.

(It would be quite impressive to see a newbie win in her first month as a member.

pyrandon
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Chel, your first entry is beautiful, and when combined with your bouncy, upbeat self-introduction, I say you have found a new home! Welcome!

ravells
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I echo Cartographist........please take a stab........don't let RobA win again..! (!) (he's very good)

Chel
04-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Welcome, Chel. PLEASE take a stab at this month's mapping challenge. I think that you could make quite an impact.

(It would be quite impressive to see a newbie win in her first month as a member.

I went and read the rules, I have until the end of the 25th to have something completed,
correct? I might fish out the ol' spork and take a meaty stab at... something.

RPMiller
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Good to hear! Best of luck, and from what I've seen so far you won't need much of that. ;)

RobA
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Go for it Chel! 3 days is plenty of time!

-Rob A>

RPMiller
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Don't listen to him. He's trying to rattle your cage so that he wins yet another award. ;)

j/k RobA :)

delgondahntelius
05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Greetings and Welcome to the guild Chel .... great first post and great map... great artwork... great time for a new descriptive word... :)

I wish I had a sis like you ... My sister told me over the phone the other day that she didn't even finish the fellowship of the ring Movie cause she couldn't 'get into it' ..... I disowned her immediately .... great news tho... I need a new little sister :D you can play D&D anytime with us :D

Have fun! Happy Mapping! and I don't think you are going to have a problem fitting in here at all...