PDA

View Full Version : [1st map of my World] Sunscreedge Island

Ingraved
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
It's my first map created in Photoshop.

Sunscreedge is a name of island, kingdom and capital. It was created for PC RPG, and I want to know opinion of other peoples.))

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51122389/Sunscreedge.png

sim97fan3
05-11-2012, 05:19 PM
It's a pretty good map if I do say so myself. I really like the weathered feel it has to it. Why though does it seem to have a foreign lanuage for some points and english for others?

Lalaithion
05-11-2012, 08:02 PM
It sort of looks to mee like the ocean and the land are reversed.

ManOfSteel
05-12-2012, 02:24 AM
I really like the colors you chose for the land and sea. Lovely names for so many of the seas and land locations.

Ingraved
05-12-2012, 06:52 AM
... Why though does it seem to have a foreign lanuage for some points and english for others?

I'am from Russia and this sentence I don't understand. Can you explain this?

sim97fan3
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Почему в некоторых городах на иностранном языке и по-английски?

Please excuse this sentence if it is completely horrible, I translated what I said to Russian on Google Translate. I figured that would make it easier for you to understand.

Ingraved
05-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Почему в некоторых городах на иностранном языке и по-английски?

Please excuse this sentence if it is completely horrible, I translated what I said to Russian on Google Translate. I figured that would make it easier for you to understand.

Some map objects have a names in "Original" languages of races (game races), like Haz'Mareil, Shinig Mountain and other. Names like Sivilla, Denethra, Saldora - names of Goddess. This is all "turns around" history of Sunscreege.

octopod
05-13-2012, 11:26 PM
It looks good, but I think the weathering effect is a little bit too high-contrast -- it makes the text hard to read.

Baxder
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Gorgeous! I agree about the text, though. The glow helps, but you might consider using a different text color and adding a slight drop shadow.