PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on Scale

libraryian
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I've been messing around with the tuts on here for a couple of weeks now, and decided I'd finally post something I've been working on. My current issue is trying to determine what scale I want the map to be at. It almost appears to be like a harbor or delta entrance to me, but I'm looking for some good advice. I figure once I determine the scale I can then start thinking about mountain v. mountain ranges, how big to make the forests, towns and road locations, etc. Anyways, give me whatever feedback is necessary.

Diamond
05-19-2012, 02:39 AM
Hmm. I tend to agree about it looking like it's a big delta of some sort, but it could also be fjords or fjord-like terrain, like northern Scandinavia or the panhandle of Alaska. You could also say it's 'shattered land', a once-whole coastline shattered by ancient magics.

I do like the looks of it so far... lots of room to let your imagination roam.

libraryian
05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I like the idea of it being fjord-like, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do good cliffs yet. If you've got any suggestions for how to do good top-down cliffs as opposed to iso I'd really appreciate that.