PDA

View Full Version : First Map, peninsula

Metazeta
05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone !

I joined the community a few days ago, and I followed some tutorials in order to draw a map I needed for my D&D campaign, I am working on Photoshop.

I think I should have made the coastlines with some randomness because it's way too straight, and then I have to find a better way to indicate reliefs and marshes, and add the scale, any suggestions are warmly welcome.

Here is this peninsula, sorry but all the names are in french ^^

Freodin
05-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I think the coast is perfecty in line with the very clear and comic-like style of the whole map.
There are a few small things I would change - overlappings in the forest, the style of the coastal water lines, perhaps the relative scale of trees and mountains... but overall I'd say this is a wonderful and very stylish map.

arsheesh
05-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree with Freodin about the scale of the trees relative to the mountains, but overall nice job.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Metazeta
05-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I did not watch it this way at all, but it seems obvious now, I will take care about it =)
thanks

(Sadly my laptop is very old so it will be complicated to correct all of that right now... Don't know why but I have some problems whith resized brushes.... I will be back to France with a really good computer in a month )

lilrocker90
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
i like it, it's simple, but still very good