PDA

View Full Version : Macques: Sounds like Mack

Macques
06-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I am glad to be introducing myself here. Of course I am a lifelong cartophile, as I suspect all of you here must be as well. I am currently designing a strategy wargame, and I stumbled upon this incredible forum.

By way of introduction, I'm including a map I drew for my wedding invitation. It is a crudely stylized map of North America looking east from the pacific coast. It shows only the cities from which our guests traveled (the vancouver guest didn't show.) I drew the entire map on vellum (29.5" x 10.25") with rapidiograph pens. Then I scanned the drawing, cleaned it in photoshop and added the text in illustrator. The map seems to have done it's job, considering that my wife and I will celebrate our fourth anniversary tomorrow!

I look forward to meeting you all.

rdanhenry
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome. That's nice. Definitely looks like San Francisco there.

separated - well, I guess it's too late to correct it now

Sphere-a-Scale is delightful.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Macques
06-06-2012, 07:45 PM
separated - well, I guess it's too late to correct it now

My english professor father made sure I felt bad about that as soon as he got it. I've decided I did it subconsciously just to annoy him. And my wife is a terrible copy editor.

arsheesh
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the Guild Marcques, and I really dig your map! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Depassage
06-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Welcome home Macques! Very nice and original invitation card and map! And happy birthday to you and your wife!

Lyandra
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
What a beautiful map and a great piece of artwork! I really like your style, hope to see more of your works soon ;)

Welcome to the Guild!

Gidde
06-10-2012, 12:32 PM
What a great map! Welcome and have some rep for posting a cool map in your intro :)