PDA

View Full Version : Everwyld in progress

krysis
04-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Here's my first attempt at a map for a campaign I'm working on. I was mostly just testing everything out to see how it would turn out so far. It's hand drawn obviously, scanned in and manipulated with photoshop. Comments? Suggestions?

Publius
04-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Looks good. I like the mountains. Nothing like a hand-drawn map to integrate features like that. Nice compass too.

SpamValiant
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I like that a lot.

The mountains work well as an impassable barrier, but if you're planning to have any settlements or passes there you might need to thin out the density a little to make them visible...

ravells
04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice, simple and effective. I particularly like the slight perspective view of the river. What is the scale of the map?

Do make a post (if you haven't already) on the introductions forum and tell us a bit about yourself - and welcome to the Guild!

NeonKnight
04-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I like your map, but I am curious about the Scale of the map as well.

landorl
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Oooo Pretty!

I like it. Hand drawn maps have such character, and this one is well done.

krysis
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
thanks for all of the replies! As for scale, from the west side of the map to the east edge is about 500 miles.

delgondahntelius
05-01-2008, 05:30 AM
I too love handdrawn maps... and you've done quite well in nailing that :) ... with your style you might be interested in hapimess's tutorial on mountians http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1669 and make your mountains show some real definition ... something of that style I think would really add a nice touch.

Though this is hypocritical of me because I clearly don't do it on all of my maps... tho I try too for a finished map. I'm a big believer in scale... the scale of a map is every bit important as the map itself... (for the most part).. and throwing up a line with 'xxx miles' really sets the scope of what your looking at ... :) there are definite acceptions to that rule of course... but I thought I'd add that in for its worth.. :)

I look forward to seeing more maps or an updated map so keep'em coming :D

Turgenev
05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I rather like the map. To me, it looks like something the characters themselves might possess. I look forward to seeing more.