PDA

View Full Version : June 2012 Entry: The wretched Realms

Schwarzkreuz
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi,

here is now my take on the theme of the wretched Realms, a counterpart to the classical arcadian idylls.
In my challenge entry, I want to depict different styles of hostile enviroment, some connected to the nine hells, others to certain climate phenomenas, all enclosed into an extreme enviroment.
More to it later.

### LATEST WIP ###

vorropohaiah
06-15-2012, 01:59 PM
very nice. the features look very similar to those of your Arden map. are they brushes or a file/layer you copy&paste from?

Schwarzkreuz
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Actually this ones are completely new ones. I just draw them Monday and tuesday. Well its like Handwriting, I guess, looks similar from the same person.

Bogie
06-16-2012, 03:23 AM
The hand drawn mountains are great!

Schwarzkreuz
06-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I made them into brushes. But i gues its better to make some smaller ones. My brushes tends to Be to Big.

arsheesh
06-17-2012, 08:14 PM
This is going to be a one of the stronger candidates. Looking quite nice so far Schwartzkreuz, I like your style.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Schwarzkreuz
06-21-2012, 01:41 AM
This is going to be a one of the stronger candidates. Looking quite nice so far Schwartzkreuz, I like your style.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

I want to try render this map in a more painterly style. I hope that will work.
Also I do have the feeling thats not possible for me to surprised anyone anymore. Perhaps my maps looks to similar through my personal "Handdrawn" style?

Lukc
06-21-2012, 03:11 AM
It is definitely a beautiful style, Schwarzcross - but a large measure of what could change it would be if you tried using some more colours, or different colour inks ... or different fonts. But even as a single style, it is very impressive.

Jaxilon
06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Are those Saguaro cactus' in there? I live where those are!

It looks beautiful just as it is. I think you need to prove how extreme the environment is though. :) It's 106 degrees F outside right now :)

Schwarzkreuz
06-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Lol ok, you could See that? Thats impressing, they are my favorite Form of cacti, Found some in the botanic Gardens.

Lyandra
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I love your style and am sure that you will always manage to do something new and creative with it. ;)