PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

Holdenburg
06-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi, I came across the Guild having searched the web high and low for advice on map making. From my short time of browsing the forums I see there is a wealth of information and seem to have come to the right place.

Ok, so a bit about me. From a young age I have enjoyed creating my own fictional countries and part of this, I drew my own maps. I have since moved on and for the last 10 year have been creating my fictional country on the planet Vexillium in the Imaginations game.

I have a huge amount of history and background information, but only basic, very basic maps, which I created using Paintshop.

I'm now keen to learn more and create realistic and nice looking maps for my country.

So nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting and learning from some experts!

Holdenburg

Gidde
06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard, sounds like you'll fit right in! Once you get started, post up a WIP thread; the feedback can be invaluable.

Holdenburg
06-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi Gidde, thanks for the welcome. Your Nyvitaera map is amazing!!! A real work of art and unbelievably realistic. If I can produce something even half as good as that I would be very happy. What software did you use and how long has it taken you to get to that sort of standard?

Gidde
06-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks! That one was done using Ascension's Atlas tutorial (the Gimp version). So Ascension deserves most of the credit ;) It was maybe six months after I joined the Guild I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arsheesh
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the Guild Holdenburg.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh