PDA

View Full Version : Tips for GIMP Tablet Users

RobA
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Only one to start, but it is a big one...

1) Use the Ink Tool for drawing.

-Rob A>

torstan
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Yep. You've got me. This was a great tip. Whilst we're on it. What do the angle and tilt sliders do?

RobA
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
The angle sets the nib angle (if your tablet doesn't report pen angle). The tilt slider adjusts the tilt (angle of pen to tablet) sensitivity for changing the nib shape/aspect ratio (again, only if the tablet supports it).

-Rob A>

torstan
04-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Mystery solved - the Graphire4 doesn't have tilt sensitivity. Thanks again for the tips.

jfrazierjr
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Ok, dumb question. Is my Wacom Bamboo Fun not set up right or is there something I am missing. When I go into GIMP to configure, this is what I see and I have no idea what the numbers mean in each axis and while I know what axis means in general, I am not 100% sure of the context here...

Of course, the GIMP docs are rather sparse on this account, so they are no help...

BTW, the tablet actually works to make pressure sensitive lines and stuff, I am just wondering if I am missing out on some configuration that would save me time in terms of not having to go to certain menus, tools, etc.
Joe

jfrazierjr
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok, dumb question. Is my Wacom Bamboo Fun not set up right or is there something I am missing. When I go into GIMP to configure, this is what I see and I have no idea what the numbers mean in each axis and while I know what axis means in general, I am not 100% sure of the context here...

Of course, the GIMP docs are rather sparse on this account, so they are no help...

BTW, the tablet actually works to make pressure sensitive lines and stuff, I am just wondering if I am missing out on some configuration that would save me time in terms of not having to go to certain menus, tools, etc.
Joe

Bump? Anyone?

RobA
06-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Look over at GimpTalk (if the site comes back) and search there for bamboo.

I believe I read about some configuration. Personally, I have a Graphire, which works well with gimp, but has no programmable buttons :(

-Rob A>