PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

fifty
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Just found this website and am very impressed!

I'm a rpg'er and map enthusiast, I've had a bit of a hand in some preliminary maps that have then gone on to be professionally done and put into published works for a rpg writer friend of mine. Nothing like the quality of some of the stuff on here though! :)

Here's one I've done recently :

arsheesh
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the Guild Fifty! That's a nice dungeon map you've got there. Was this a pen and paper piece or was it done digitally with a tablet? Well I think you'll fit right in here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and here's a little rep for your map.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

fifty
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for like :) Pen and paper originally, then scanned and coloured in Photoshop.

I'm still learning the whole Photoshop thing - recently discovered 'layers' :D so I'm looking forward to perusing over a few of the tutorials on this site :)

oh and on the subject of tablets, I'm tempted... whats the general consensus - are they worth it?

Chashio
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi fifty! You've got a nice map there. =) Been enjoying your little drawings. That large room, center right... are those heads? =D haha

Layers are wonderful, so are the tutorials you'll find here. Tablets... Tablets are definitely worth it, if you plan on spending lots of time drawing/painting digitally, but get a good one. I love my Wacom Intuos4, although there are many others. There's actually a rather large thread on the subject of tablets stickied to the top of the general discussion forum... http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?552-Mouse-vs-tablet&goto=newpost ... along with a few others floating around somewhere. Anyhoo, Welcome!

Lyandra
06-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the Guild fifty! This a very nice map, well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I have to agree with Chashio, tablets are definitely worth it.^^

fifty
06-28-2012, 06:03 AM
HI Lyandra and Chashio!

Yeah I certainly plan on keeping up and trying to improve my efforts so a Tablet sounds like the way to go!

Thanks for the link Chashio I shall start my research now :)

Gidde
06-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fifty
06-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks Gidde :) everyone's been really welcoming!