PDA

View Full Version : Addition to RobA's weathered paper

Ian
07-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi all, long time lurker here. I've been shamelessly stealing tips and methods from this site in preparation for 3 themed maps (they all are in the same style) that i'll post when I'm done.

I got bored and decided I wanted to do a sheet of notebook paper in the style of Da Vinci, and wanted a kind of thatched/woven canvas to be shown at the frayed edges. This effect can apply to any map/paper made with Rob A's tutorial.

I found a very basic tutorial for this effect on another site, but I can't find the source, and his didn't account for a 'rougher' version that is explained in my tutorial.

TONS of Credit to Rob A. (I can't believe how much I run into helpful tips of his off this site.) I used his 'weathered paper' tutorial for everything in my final paper except a few doodled images I scanned in and the effect for the edges/ holes.

I admit my tutorial isn't really up to this board's standards, so let me know if you need it in a higher quality or something (or if I'm covering something that already has a tutorial, I couldn't find one... but I didn't look through them all).

arsheesh
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the Guild Ian, and what a way to delurk! Thanks for haring your frayed canvas method with the Guild. Here's a little bit of rep for your contribution. Look forward to seeing your maps when they are finished.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Gidde
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
What Arsheesh said :) Welcome!

Seraphine_Harmonium
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Great first post!

RobA
07-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Nice addition to the tutorials, and thinks for the acknowledgment!

-Rob A<>