PDA

View Full Version : Irnar, a new land

eViLe_eAgLe
07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Irna, more info will come as soon as I get back, right now I want critique if you would kindly give them.

Elothan
07-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I do like the style a lot, but I feel there is something strange about the mountains.... To me I looks like one side I rising from the ground, and the other is descending into the ground...
Might just be me thou, since I am on an iPad atm..

Still great thou, and I do love the name :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

arsheesh
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
This is already looking really good Evile_E. You've done some nice line-work and i like the soft colors you've chosen. Really looking forward to seeing this come along.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

eViLe_eAgLe
07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone.

@Elothan, i'm not sure what you mean really. And, the name. I believe I got it from translating New land or Father Land (as this is just the main Continent that the colonists home continent split off of.) From a Dwarven Translator

Diamond
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I think I see what Elothan means; that north-south range really shows the light coming from the west very starkly, so the contrast between shadow and light is more extreme. I don't think it gives the effect of one side rising/one side sinking, but the contrast there is sharper. (Not a bad thing, IMO. I love the way this looks!)

eViLe_eAgLe
07-03-2012, 04:02 AM
A small update, all I did46252 was mess around with the mountains a bit and added some "sea mist" 'If you would kindly give me some critique on it, I'd be happy.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Not much done today, curse you games.

Sapiento
07-04-2012, 04:55 AM
Looks really good, especially the shading of the mountains, but I have the impression while the mountains are a top-down view, some of the forests seem to have an isometric view. A little bit confusing for my eyes.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. Reason being I couldn't figure out how to do a pine forest in a top down view.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Finished the players edition, gonna make some reviews to my own, and well... Yours, so you can see too.

vorropohaiah
07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
nice, though the peak or apex of the mountains (if you know what i mean) is too stark and dark, and looks more like a crack or a canyon. have you tried various shades of brown instead? other than that small nitpick, i like this, especially the weathering around the borders and the forest, which are abstract-ish but instantly recognisable.

arsheesh
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
This is coming along wonderfully!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2012, 10:37 PM
@vorropohaiah Yeah, i'm gonna go back in a bit to completely redo the mountains. They are currently what you said, and there is a reason those forests near the middle are not clearly outlined ;)

@Arsheesh Thanks!