PDA

View Full Version : From Professional to Newb

Nathan Saylor
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I am a GIS Tech by trade and have kept my employers happy with my map-making skills. But lately I feel like I've hit a wall and that a lot of my maps just have the same monotonous feel to them. For the past two months I guess, I've been trying to find more creative and captivating ways to make my maps. Then I find this site. I think this may be just the place I'm looking for.
Jumping around this web site is already giving me new ideas and I am really looking forward to implementing them. And I've got a lot to learn. Unlike fantasy maps, I'm still constrained to real world data, but I don't need to be constrained to how I present it. Thank you for this website. :)

Jaxilon
07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Welcome aboard, it just goes to show you it's possible to learn something from crazy people too. :)

I'm sure most of us would love to learn some things from you as well so please share anything you are able to.

arsheesh
07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the Guild Nathan! I agree with Jax, sounds like you have allot to contribute here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Nathan Saylor
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'm so thrilled to get started.

Depassage
07-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the Guild Nathan! Like the others, I would really pleased to get an eye on your work too. Along with learning some reality world map tricks...

Nathan
07-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Yep. Welcome. :)
Cool name btw ^^

Gidde
07-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome aboard!