View Full Version : WIP - Strohe - Fumbling my way trough photoshop

07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
After using CC3 for some time, and feeling that I lacked some control over my overland mapping, I decided to give mapping with PS a shot. Been a person that cannot even draw a stickman with a gun to my head, I read up on a lot of tutorials, tried something here and there and ended up with the WIP you see under here.

There is still much I have to learn how to do, as an example, I dont really have a clue how to get a fitting mountain in this map, and I do feel that the forrest is a bit off. But all in all I can feel that PS is a piece of software I can get comfortable with over time. (And thanks to the accademic version I can actually afford it!)

If someone has any suggestions, feel fre to fire away, as I really want to get better in PS and cartography :)

Edit: oh, and the names are just placeholders from testing out photoshop labeling

Greyh Seer
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I like the coloring fading into the barren lands. The rivers do seem a little strange in the forests though. Not that I have any clue mind you! :)

07-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I noticed that there were something there as well after I posted it, will prpbably be pretty easy to fix when I am back on my regular machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

added the newest WIP
Tried to stuff some mountains and other little tweaks in there, and realizing that it rather crude when zoomed in (I did a lot of the work on an 11" screen on a couch, so most was done zoomed out)
Still not perfect, but I feel I am getting more and more familiar with photoshop.