PDA

View Full Version : Ignaros

njordys
08-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi

I am trying out the style from pasis tutorial on how to rise mountains.
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?4405-Award-Winner-Rising-up-the-mountains-in-Photoshop

Here are my current version. I'm looking for feedback on to improve. Since I have a bias as the maker I might miss obvious faults. I want to know if there are anything that immediatly seem "off".

Besides, what do people think about the shape of the map?

Edit: Sent up the latest version to first message :)

LonewandererD
08-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I like the landshape, although it does remind me a lot of Europe but that's probably because I've been seeing to many Europe maps these days.

You might want to either increase or decrease the scale on the texture used in the mountains, as they are they look a little too rough and a bit granulated. Maybe fiddle around with them I haven't used Pasis' style in a while but thats just my thought.

-D-

Pryme8
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM
drop the texture down on the mountains, and then make another layer just like it on top of it and do the higher mountains on top then blend the two together, should give a little more depth

njordys
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. :)

I've played around with textures and merge, and here are the result. I think looks better.

njordys
08-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Been toying around with the landmass and some colouring. It's quite satisfying seeing improvements. :)

It still seem a bit rough, but I don't know what to do about that. I'd also like to add some forest areas, but I am unsure how to do that. Any tip?