PDA

View Full Version : *** July / August Lite Challenge Voting: Limited Pallete***

ravells
08-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone for taking part in this month's lite challenge and sorry that there was a much shorter time than usual to complete the challenge.

Nevertheless there were some superb entries, so kudos all round! Sadly there were a number of drop-outs because of the short time limit and r/l commitments, but it was great that those folks took part and I hope that they will finish their entries as WIPs.

This month's challenge was to make a map using a silhouette (or part of it) and a limited number of colours.

Please vote for 1 entry

Don't forget to Rep the entries that you vote for and those which you think are deserving!

daemaree
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Hah, well, I didn't manage to get my entry done in time. I'll definitely finish it later. Still, there were a lot of amazing entries. :)

Thurlor
08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
My vote went to LindaJeanne for 'The City of Trovesport, Jewel of the Crown'. A wonderful use of the colours provided.

arsheesh
08-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Difficult to judge this one. Great job all of you!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

vorropohaiah
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
wow, difficult vote...

In the end I decided to vote for Trovesport, which imho made the best use and (as far as i can tell) the most use of the colour palette provided which, after all, was what the challenge was mostly about.

congrats to everyone who completed the challenge

Tigon
08-16-2012, 04:28 AM
I'm a sad contour lover alas! :D

A laconic vote for the Faded Empire's most quixotic isle: Wanenjo.

Beoner
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
I voted for Travesport as well, a very beautiful map. I really like the way the colours were used.

But I also liked a lot of Wanenjo and the Corelian Sea, too bad we can't vote for more entries.

Nice challenge btw, :)

atpollard
08-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I really liked several of them (and REP'd accordingly), but in the end I was amazed by the Mountains, Forests, Land and Sea from Catchdrake Harbor - I didn't think that that color palette would support that level of realism, but dang if Seraphine_Harmonium didn't actually pull it off!

Chashio
08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Some very stunning pieces created this month, with a limited palette, outline to follow, AND a time crunch. My hat's off to everyone who joined in.

fifty
08-16-2012, 07:11 PM
My vote goes to Wanenjo - maybe it's just me but I think this a real work of art as well as an obvious effort in patience for all those fiddly contours!
All the other efforts are amazing too - inspiration to improve, thanks all!! :)

Korash
08-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I went with Trovesport...but only just. :)

I found that ALL of the finished works spoke to me quite loud. But in a good way ;) Congrats to all who finished.

Thurlor
08-16-2012, 09:38 PM
If I was wanting to finish my map should I move it over to the 'Regional/World Mapping' WIP section? Should I wait till after the voting?

I was also thinking I might try a city map of the capital Henterra.

Tigon
08-17-2012, 04:17 AM
I'd just start a new thread in the WIP-zone mate, point at your entry's thread here in the first post and then carry on. I'll certainly follow with interest!

Oh, and thanks for the rep folks, much appreciated.

Depassage
08-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Very difficult as always... Nice work all. Too bad that some didn't get to finish.

My vote goes to Bargon's Harbor by Beoner: nice use of colors and good presentation

Special mention to Wanenjo by Thurlor for the great work here... very inspiring. Too bad the map was so close to be finished.

Bogie
08-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Congrats to Beoner and LindaJeanne!

Depassage
08-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Congrats to both of you!

LindaJeanne
08-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Awesome :D. Thanks for the votes, everyone. And congrats, Beoner!!

Beoner
08-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Well, just yesterday I was asking myself what would happen if the challenge ended with a draw, apparently I'm about to find out :)

Anyway it was a great challenge, thanks for the votes and reps, guys. Congratulations for you too LindaJeanne ;)

ravells
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
If there is a draw both of you get a medal. Congrats both!

LindaJeanne
08-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Shiny!! =^D