PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Lake Triagon

Carbus
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
This is actually a test, to see if this style is interesting, and so Im hoping some tips, critics and advices on how to procede or change anything here. Thanks!

Edit 1:
So I follwed ravells advice and tried to give some order in the cities, Im still testing :p. Added new mountains, a major town, more forests and stuff. Its evolving!

Edit 2:
Finished it, added a few more farms, some mines up north, more woods and some outposts.

ravells
08-22-2012, 07:12 AM
So far it's looking great - I like the limited colour choice. Are the little brown spots meant to be buildings? If they are, the distribution is a little too random to suggest buildings (using normal world rules). Maybe look at some real life maps see how buildings cluster at that sort of scale and use that as a guide?

Carbus
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
So far it's looking great - I like the limited colour choice. Are the little brown spots meant to be buildings? If they are, the distribution is a little too random to suggest buildings (using normal world rules). Maybe look at some real life maps see how buildings cluster at that sort of scale and use that as a guide?

Yeah, I thought about it, they were meant to be buildings. I used a brush to give this random effect, but youre right, I should adjust that!
Thanks !

Diamond
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I really like that, actually. It's easy to tell what everything is, the colors look great, and everything meshes well. Thumbs up and rep from me!

Carbus
08-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Finished it. Quite satisfied with the result, hope you guys like it.

ravells
08-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Very nicely done!

arsheesh
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
That turned out really nice, great job!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh