PDA

View Full Version : Myth: The Fallen Lords World Map

Destan
08-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Not sure how many of you are (a) old enough and (b) nerdy enough to remember the 1997 computer game "Myth: The Fallen Lords" - but I'm setting a RPG campaign in that world with a mix of the Black Company books, and I was unable to find a nice, detailed map. This was my attempt to create one whole cloth.

D

Edit: I neglected to mention that I picked up the shields (the symbols near the free cities along the west coast) somewhere at some time, but I have no recollection of where.

arsheesh
08-22-2012, 12:15 AM
That turned out fairly nice! I particularly like your compass rose.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Destan
08-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks arsheesh. Which reminds me...I picked up that compass rose somewhere in my internet travels as well.

TheRedEpic
08-22-2012, 01:12 AM
One of my favorite games ever:) Good job!

treehouse
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Very nicely done! I played more Myth than I care to admit in high school.

ravells
08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Ah I loved that game!

evilhusky
09-16-2012, 01:53 AM
this is so closeto what im looking for but not quite(if it was in old style and faded then it'd be dead-on) still lots of props

James Wheare
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Great work. Worth checking out the map made by a guy making a Myth mod for Total War too.

Myth : Total War mod - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/myth-total-war)

Kryptos
06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Hello Destan, the TFL map looks great. There is still a community that plays Myth II and I am making a map named Chalkwood for it right now. I found your map via Google image and the part near Chalkwood would be perfect for the pregame picture, can I have your permission to use part of the image?

Not sure how many of you are (a) old enough and (b) nerdy enough to remember the 1997 computer game "Myth: The Fallen Lords" - but I'm setting a RPG campaign in that world with a mix of the Black Company books, and I was unable to find a nice, detailed map. This was my attempt to create one whole cloth.

D

Edit: I neglected to mention that I picked up the shields (the symbols near the free cities along the west coast) somewhere at some time, but I have no recollection of where.

Vinoex
06-09-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm not familiar with the game, but the map looks great.

Destan
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Kryptos: Absolutely - have at it. Sorry for the delayed response.