PDA

View Full Version : First Hand Drawn encounter...

Pryme8
08-29-2012, 02:23 AM
After trying this method out, I have decided I will stick with developing hand drawn map elements, as I feel its the most diverse of fantasy topography...

things I need to work on, is learning new stroke motions for different representations of things, and then start looking at doing more detail work and defining my contrast more!

I think from now on I will also not use textures, unless necessary and for most ground cover I will do layers of color with the suggestions of shadow.

Stay tuned for more, I love this crap...

mariuccij
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks great Pryme8! I'm always a huge fan of grid maps for my games as well. Are you using Photoshop? I get pretty good results by separating the color and outline layers, and then increasing the transparency of the outline layer. It helps to reduce contrast a bit. Also, nice work on the grid itself, sometimes the grid lines are way too dark and take away from the map, not so in this one. Love it!

arsheesh
08-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey that turned out fairly nice. I agree though that avoiding textures would be best for this type of map. Also, the color of the trees seems a bit to bright, and not quite brown enough, given the color of the grass. Still, nice job.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

NJWilliam
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Very nice.