PDA

View Full Version : Crenea: When DnD finds science

Anarisis
09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
A friend of mine is building his own post-apocalyptic horror tabletop system, and asked me to make him a world map that he could use for test games. I asked him for a guideline of what he wanted, and I got this:
Using a mixture of the Saderan and Ascension Atlas tutorials, along with some of my own tricks I sent him this:
After getting some feedback and information on where he wanted the cities, this is the finished result:
Officially, that's the final version. But minor changes might go in as he adds highways and smaller settlements.

Cunning Cartographer
09-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Are those glittery aspects supposed to be city lights on the map? If so they look great :D

If not..... awkward.

Rhaegus
09-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi Anarisis,

You're definitely on to something here in my opinion.

My only suggestion would be to look into changing the style/effects you used with your text. In some instances you have a left to right black->white-> black gradient which makes it hard to read.

You can always look into some tutorials that would work towards your futuristic theme.
For example: http://www.photoshoplady.com/photoshop-tutorial/matrix-text-effect/

Just an idea!

Anarisis
09-04-2012, 05:34 PM
The black/white sheen is definitely making things harder. I want to keep the metallic effect though, so I'm working on making it more subtle.

arsheesh
09-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I quite like this. Nice job Anarisis.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Anarisis
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Changed the text and added some highways. I also changed the water effect over the Sunken city.