PDA

View Full Version : Abbadilon

Carbus
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Trying something different here, some texturing and trying to keep the color range low. Any suggestions and tips about the mountains e forests? The only thing Im not satisfied with are the mountains, they are looking kinda of weird, what you guys think?

Pryme8
09-04-2012, 05:43 PM
ooo what a pretty blue and tan

Carbus
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
UPDATE:
I like the new mountains, they break a little the whole aesthetic but not that much. Added some more stuff, towns, roads and sea trade routes. Its evolving :lol:

Freodin
09-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I like what you did with the mountains... placed upon a plain map like toy blocks. Perhaps you should expand this style to the rest of the map.

Or a different idea: could you do a version without the base line/shadow of the mountains, so that they integrate better into the map?

Carbus
09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
New update.

So I followed Freodin advice, and removed the lines, and it looks better, thanks Freodin! The north lands are almost complete, going now for the south. I added more types of settlements, like the Mines, Villages, Towns, Larger Towns and the Castles. About the history of the place, sea trade and the control of the straits leads to bigger towns, which also leads to wars and conflicts to who control them.

Rongar
09-07-2012, 03:00 PM
This is quite appealing so far, very good job. Really love the color scheme and the overall feeling! I can't say I'm a big fan of the mountains, though. I think they look too ... blocky, for my taste anyway. However, keep up the good work.

Carbus
09-07-2012, 06:23 PM
This is quite appealing so far, very good job. Really love the color scheme and the overall feeling! I can't say I'm a big fan of the mountains, though. I think they look too ... blocky, for my taste anyway. However, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the reply! I have some mixed feelings about them to, in one way I really like the general style of them, but the blocky feel as you mentioned is a little strange too. Maybe Ill experiment something new with them in the next map :)

NJWilliam
09-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Very nice. I especially like the NE quadrant with the

Seraphine_Harmonium
09-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Great map! I like your use of color, and so does my niece (who is looking at it with me). You have good landmasses, and your rivers and forests are well rendered.

Welcome to the guild!

Carbus
09-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Great map! I like your use of color, and so does my niece (who is looking at it with me). You have good landmasses, and your rivers and forests are well rendered.

Welcome to the guild!

Thanks Seraphine, and Im glad your niece like it too! The map is almost done, at the moment Im placing the names and doing some final adjustments.

Schwarzkreuz
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Nicely done. I am impressed by your color choice. Maybe I should try less dark maps?

Carbus
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Nicely done. I am impressed by your color choice. Maybe I should try less dark maps?

hahaha thanks Schwarzkreuz, the funny fact is that I only achieved this colours with a waterbrush texture, that lightened my map..but the result was quite satisfactory :)

Seraphine_Harmonium
09-10-2012, 01:44 AM
MINSC AND BOO!!!!!

Sorry, I realize that's a total derail, but I had to comment on your avatar. Minsc and Boo were my favorite part of the Baldur's Gate franchise.

Schwarzkreuz
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Yes i did recognized then too, Even if you forgot the complete story, those too remains.

Carbus
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I love then too, the voice acting of Minsc is hilarious. They are developing a remake of the 2, for the Pc and even for tablets, it will be great!

Carbus
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
New update, the work is almost done, just need to finish up the name of the settlements and stuff (man thats kinda of boring, its fun placing them, but choosing names :?).
Added a border around it and other stuff too. Hope you like.

Schwarzkreuz
09-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I would tuned down the font outline a bit. Its slightly to heavy in my opinion.

Seraphine_Harmonium
09-11-2012, 01:38 AM
I would tuned down the font outline a bit. Its slightly to heavy in my opinion.

Hmmm, I was inclined to think it actually needed to be BIGGER. It looks like it's too pixely, which can sometimes happen if something big is forced too small (or vice versa). But maybe Schwarzkreuz has is right. Something should change though, because the readability could definitely use improvement. Play around with the text a bit. Experiment and see what makes an improvement.