PDA

View Full Version : Zeppelin SPET-301 [WIP]

Katto
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
After a lot of computer gaming (Skyrim again), I've started a new project.

It's a zeppelin with modular construction that can be used for various purposes in a near future scenario. Here the industrial version Exec-Traveller "SPET-301" is shown.

I've taken the hull shape and size from the Hindenburg and modified the gondola? and added an engine. The shape is not finished yet. The layout reminds of a submarine with a central corridor. The cockpit is Star-Trek inspired with the captain in the center.

Next I will add the typical architectural symbols like stairs, beds, toilets etc., which will be drawn first ;)

Larb
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm guessing you picked up Dawnguard. =P

I'm very fond of airships and this is a nice clean design. I might appreciate a bit more detail in the deckplans though. The 3d rendering adds a lot though.

Katto
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
@Larb: No DLC's, I'm waiting for the GotY edition.

I have just added stairs to the deckplans and guess the next update will follow on sunday. The renders are finished, except a few details. They should only show the basic structure, more details will only confuse.

Katto
09-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Here's the first update. After drawing some archtectural symbols, I've added stairs and windows, the crew area on level 3 and passenger area on level 2.

Ark
09-27-2012, 04:49 PM
This is pretty cool. Is there access to the "air bladders" from the gondola, and what are the circular items on the lowest deck?

jtougas
09-27-2012, 06:38 PM
This is really very good. I am fan of these kinds of ship designs. I look forward to watching this progress. :)

ravells
09-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi Katto...presumably you're using Silo for the modelling? What are you using to render it with? The ambient occlusion looks fantastic with this render.

Katto
09-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks all!
@Ark: I guess the air bladders should be accesible for maintenace things, but I have not spent much ideas about it. The focus was on different gondola layouts. The circular things on deck 0 are generators, the tanks next to it contain fresh/used water.

@Ravi: Silo and Vue. I used the standard materials and atmosphere atm plus an additional spotlight above. Each deck is rendered sparately and an alpha mask overlayed in PS.