PDA

View Full Version : Cities and Walls

Lukc
09-26-2012, 04:23 AM
The walled city has always fascinated me and here is an interesting take on the subject of the division of a city (http://socks-studio.com/2011/03/19/exodus-or-the-voluntary-prisoners-of-architecture/).

Also, read the text of the link ... at least a bit ... it's a hoot of quasi-unreadable pseudo-sociological gibberish :D

ravells
09-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Sounds like the author has become obsessed with the idea. I suspect the article could be condensed into a paragraph or two but as you say has been wrapped up in pseudo intellectual psychobabble.

It's often interesting to do a 'what if' and to look at the consequences. What if we built a strip bisecting London East to West which is enclosed by a huge wall? On the face of it, it's a dumb proposition to begin with but sometimes you can spark some good (workable) ideas by using this method. I don't think the author was trying to do that though!

Lukc
09-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Although the psycho-babble would make for an interesting "what if" premise if you add some insane three-eyed aliens from Sirius with near-magical powers ...