PDA

View Full Version : making an Underdark City with stalactites and stalagmites

Alien
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Helo,

I have the idea of making an underdark city for a Drow-theme campaing that I'm running, but the problem with City Designer is that all the buildings are human oriented, no stalagtites or something like that.
I was looking for a library of underdark, but I can't find it. So I was thinking in made my own, rock/stalagtites, or something like that, but I don't know how to do that.

Any Idea?

Thanks

anomiecoalition
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
i'll be eagerly following this thread since i'm thinking of incorporating the underdark into my own campaign in the near future. While City Designer doesn't having that sort of thing, I know dungeon designer (and other products from Profantasy) do have stalagtites and other cave oriented objects. You should check out the Dunjinni Forums to find some stuff that could work.

I don't know how to actually create objects myself, but I wouldn't mind learning or helping out if anyone does have any ideas.

jtougas
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Helo,

I have the idea of making an underdark city for a Drow-theme campaing that I'm running, but the problem with City Designer is that all the buildings are human oriented, no stalagtites or something like that.
I was looking for a library of underdark, but I can't find it. So I was thinking in made my own, rock/stalagtites, or something like that, but I don't know how to do that.

Any Idea? Thanks

If you have access to Photoshop (or GIMP) it's possible to draw your own objects and save them in .png format which I believe you can them import in to city designer.

Alien
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
If you have access to Photoshop (or GIMP) it's possible to draw your own objects and save them in .png format which I believe you can them import in to city designer.

Thank's I will try.

jtougas
10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
HERE (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13558&KW=stalagmites)are some stalagmites made by CG member Bogie.

Alien
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
HERE (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13558&KW=stalagmites)are some stalagmites made by CG member Bogie.

Thanks again, tonight i will try to made the first "buildings" of the city.