PDA

View Full Version : Possible inspiration?

daisygirl
10-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Hello all, I've been a member for well over a year now and I usually quietly sneak around the site gathering maps to use in my campaigns. During one of my google image searches I found this picture of a torn up bag and I remember seeing some of you saying that they got their inspiration from unconventional methods. I saw potential with the design as an island map but unfortunately I am not good at using the programs and being creative when it comes to art (now ask me for a good plot for a DnD campaign and I'll come up with something). Just passing the image along. Have a good one

EDIT: copyright image removed - please refer to link below.

(Original image looks courtesy of the Glasgow Museum Glasgow Museums - Collections Navigator (http://collections.glasgowmuseums.com/viewimage.html?oid=147435&i=400404) -RobA>)

bartmoss
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
The image is also tagged as copyrighted so you shouldn't use it UNLESS you are sure you actually have the rights to do so.

RobA
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
The image is also tagged as copyrighted so you shouldn't use it UNLESS you are sure you actually have the rights to do so.

Thanks- I had missed the so removed the image from the site here and left the link.

-Rob A>

daisygirl
10-17-2012, 09:52 PM

Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image. I'll pay more attention to the links I click on a probably just refer back to the site anyways just to be sure it doesn't happen again. Like I said, I'm a noobie, so I rarely post pictures anywhere so it's new to me.

Oh, and not quite sure why, but I can't reply to Rob's post for this. The site keeps sending me to a "you're not authorized to do that" link.

RobA
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image. I'll pay more attention to the links I click on a probably just refer back to the site anyways just to be sure it doesn't happen again. Like I said, I'm a noobie, so I rarely post pictures anywhere so it's new to me.

Oh, and not quite sure why, but I can't reply to Rob's post for this. The site keeps sending me to a "you're not authorized to do that" link.

I'm thinking you tried to PM me?
To prevent spam we have set the threshold for access to the private message system to 5 posts.

Thanks for the link...it was inspirational! Hope you stay around for a while!

-RobA>

bartmoss
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image.

It might not be copyrightable. Are you sufficiently specialized in copyright law to make that call? I am not. :)

That said, if nothing else, the (C) means the creator doesn't want it used other ways and it probably doesn't hurt to respect those wishes.