PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

sylven
05-22-2008, 01:08 AM
I suppose it was by chance I found this place, looking for some adventure in a dark cave. No really I was looking for a good cave map for a spur of the moment DnD adventure. Yea, I had plenty, but I wanted something fresh and I happened to be at my desk. Thats when I wondered to the door of the guild.

Have you ever walked into a room of people you have never been into before? You look around trying to familiarize yourself with the place, dubious because you dont know anyone. Well, anyway, thats me. :)

I've been working on maps and such I suppose since I was 12, Im 34 now. I have really taken a liking to cartography, honestly I dont know a pen and paper gamer who hasn't in some form or another. Recently in the past few years I have taken a leap to digital mapping. I know there are many mapping programs out there, but I suppose I am old fashion, and I really enjoy using Paintshop Pro. Im not closed to anything else, I just haven't found the right program yet.

I suppose my most recent work has been on elvish environments, both in architecture, and social structure. That bit is on paper for the moment though, and I am yet to get to it.

Talk to ya soon!

Sylven

NeonKnight
05-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Welcome aboard. Would love to see you writing on things Elvish.

Lucjan
05-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Welcome to the guild. *Quickly huddles towards the OTHER new guy.*

Hehe, I just showed up too. So, no worries mate. :-)

Ah, and speaking of "non-human" environments. I'm sure I'll have, in the future, plenty of ideas and inquires to post here regarding the like.

Torq
05-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi Sylven, sidle on up to the bar and pull up a tankard. You are most welcome here. Its a big room but I've never come across a site where the people are so friendly and eager to assist. I think you'll love it here.

Torq

ravells
05-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi Sylven! Great to have you at the guild. PSP is a great bit of software (I use it too, although I'm in the process of migrating to PS) for making maps with. I would also suggest that you download inkscape so you have a vector programme in your arsenal which is always helpful. Looking forward to seeing your maps!

RobA
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
'Lo Sylven

Sorry for the mob of community leaders greeting you at the door... but we do mean well :P

Glad you find your way here. Hope you stay for a bit... or more.

-Rob A>

StillCypher
05-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Hiya, Sylven, and welcome from a boring old non-community leader! :D

Turgenev
05-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the Guild, Sylven. I look forward to seeing your take on the Elvish environments.