PDA

View Full Version : Modern Apocaliptic Syle Background

timallen
11-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I made this up a while ago, originally with the thought of redrawing the map for the game "Pandemic" and using this as a background. But I lost interest in the project and it stalled out, so now I thought I would post this background here as a png file in the hopes that someone can make use of it.

Oh, and I forgot to show you what the map I had made up with it looked like before I ran out of steam. I will include that as well; maybe you will find it inspirational. :)

Diamond
11-19-2012, 03:02 AM
That's pretty damn cool, actually. I hope you find the motivation to finish it someday.

amberroberts09
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Show us after finishing it soon...!!!

arsheesh
11-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Soooooo, why did you decide not to finish this exactly? Would have made a really cool map.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

timallen
11-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Well, mostly it was because I found that I didnt understand the rules for the game it was going to be used with. So finishing it would have resulted in a map for a game I would likely never play. Also, I started it at a time when I had some spare photoshoppin time, which I don't really have now. But if you really want to see it complete, I'll get back to it.

Thanx for the interest/motivation!

timallen
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
OK, so I did some more work on the map. The game it's based on is called Infection Express and is available as a free downloadable print-and-play game off the BoardGameGeek site. Which in turn is based upon another game called Pandemic (which is Not free). I was trying to lighten up the map but I think I overdid it with the glowing icons I added. Probably have to redo those. As well there are a number of notes and charts that go around the map that I have yet to add in.