PDA

View Full Version : Kartotum

Clercon
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
This is the map of the capital city Kartotum in Palinor. It is a commission I’ve worked on for the last couple of months in my spare time for the site Erebaltor.se.

When I grew up I used to play a lot of RPG’s with my friends. Mainly we played a Swedish game called Drakar & Demoner (Dragons & Demons). Their campaign world was Ereb Altor. So when I discovered that there still are people working on the world and when they asked me to make a city map I couldn’t really turn them down, could I.

Anyway here is the finished result. Numbers on important houses will be added, but that might take a while (I have no idea of the names of the stuff here). The map is made using three different programs. The actual city (houses and stuff) is made in CD3, the cliffs that surround the city (it is situated on the hillside of a mountain) is made in Artrage and the border and labeling plus some shadows are made in Photoshop.

I hope you like it.

amberroberts09
11-21-2012, 07:13 AM
I like it...

Clercon
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks! :)

jbgibson
11-22-2012, 09:42 PM
It's awesome, Clercon! I know it must be intended as some olden-equivalent era, but I can't help but see that northwestern quarter as having swimming pools in some houses' back yards:-). Koi gardens? Catfish farm ponds? Ritual rice paddies? NANANANANANA I Can't Hear You Donttellmeanydifferent they're swimming pools to me and that's that.

Lyandra
11-23-2012, 01:28 PM
This map is truly beautiful! I love your ability to make such a great map in CD3 and later perfect it in PS to produce such amazing results. :) I really like the hand-drawn quality of it. Another great city Clercon. As always, I am impatiently waiting for the next one. :D

Clercon
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
jbgibson - of course they are swimming pools ;)
Lyandra - Thanks, I promise you there will be more :)

Jaxilon
12-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey, this is great. I like the feel of it. It's rather storybook in my head. Good job Clercon.

Clercon
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Jaxilion!

Ramah
12-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Lovely map, Clercon. Agreed, with Jaz - it's like a page from a storybook. It's great what you can do with CD3. :)

Clercon
12-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks Ramah, but I had some help from Photoshop and Artrage for this one as well.