PDA

View Full Version : Viking Bay

Sapiento
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Christmas brought me a calendar for 2013 with hi-res satellite images. This inspired me - finally - to do a map in this style.

Done in Wilbur and PS.

Vellum
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Cool idea on the sat images, looks like ya pulled it off. I'm always curious when worlds/regions are created to see if they get areas developed at a larger scale. Does wilbur allow this and are you planning to do this?

Sapiento
01-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Cool idea on the sat images, looks like ya pulled it off. I'm always curious when worlds/regions are created to see if they get areas developed at a larger scale. Does wilbur allow this and are you planning to do this?

Wilbur can surely create large areas, depending on the original b/w heightmap you open in Wilbur. I just started to use it so I cannot say where this journey will end.

Schwarzkreuz
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Well seems woth it, nice to see you explore all styles of mapping here. Did you also did some encountermaps in the past?

Sapiento
01-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Well seems woth it, nice to see you explore all styles of mapping here. Did you also did some encountermaps in the past?

I make constantly encounter maps. But most are for publishers and can't be posted. I did some for sale for myself, these can be found here (http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3823) for example.