PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Nox
01-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Greetings everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while and I finally decided it's time to join in. I must say there are some great cartographers here and the works are nothing short of amazing. I don't think I have any artistic talent, but I want to try to learn the tools of the trade and one day start making my own maps. I just love the things!

Vellum
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Well there is no place like now to start ;) check out the tutorials and have at something, you've got nothing to loose here!!

- Max -
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the Guild Nox and good luck on your next maps

lostatsea
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Happy late welcome. There are a few here (Myself Included) who claim to not be artistically inclined. Still with lots of help and practice have learned to make at-least serviceable maps . Well Actually I am still working on that ! The beauty of computer "Canvas" is you really can't erase a hole through it. Start off small and simple , Get a feel of what you like and go through all the great resources here. Post WIPS and questions You'll get plenty of help!

arsheesh
01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild Nox!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Gold
01-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Hello Nox. Welcome and join the fray. I just registered today (been reading this site for a while tho!). Thanks for starting this thread because there are already some good encouraging thoughts in here.