PDA

View Full Version : It's great to meet you all and finally join the community here.

Worldbuilding
01-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Guild,

I figured it was about time I came over and joined in the community here. I've been a member of the DeviantART group for quite a while now and also created an account here back in 2009 but never had much to show. However I now have a few map commissions under my belt and would like to take what little skill and knowledge I have in cartography further. So I'm here to learn and help where possible.

If you'd like to know anything else then please ask away but in the mean time I look forward to getting to know you better. :D

- Max -
01-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the guild. We want you to share your maps! :P

Gold
01-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Oooo Map Commissionaire! Very cool, Worldbuilding. I am new on posting here as well, and have done some work in graphic arts, but little involving maps. Now that I think about it I have created a few maps in the context of work in the past, but never got a commission specifically to do that, it was more of a need in the workplace (like for invitations and a map for the website). Anyway that is great that you are working as an artist, and I look forward to seeing some of your pieces if you can post a link to them on here.

Worldbuilding
01-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Max and Gold, Thank you for your warm welcome :)

I keep my DeviantART profile as up to date as possible which can be found at WorldBuilding on deviantART (http://worldbuilding.deviantART.com) though I would like to post some of the maps up on here to garner feed back. I know The Cartographers Guild has far more experienced Cartographers than I so I look forward to joining in with the community and learning more about this great art.