PDA

View Full Version : The Ruins of The White Eagle Fortress

eViLe_eAgLe
01-19-2013, 06:42 AM
O' how the mightiest of mans creations have fallen, the fortress of the esteemed White Eagles - now in disrepair with the worst of scum inhabiting it, the self proclaimed Black Eagles. A cult surrounding a mysterious leader who is said to be profound in that of the darkest of arts.

Blah, blah, i'll write up a bit more later, it's late and I should be in bed.

Anyway, I decided to give this a shot, because I thought it would be fun to be in a contest again.

Hopefully I can get this done in time (I still have to do the underground layer and a small overland map.)
But - if not, i can just rip it in half and call it a ruined map ;)

Bogie
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
But - if not, i can just rip it in half and call it a ruined map ;)

Hey,, that was my idea! ! ! ;) Off to a good start.

mearrin69
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Looks nice. Drawn and scanned or drawn with a tablet? Either way, I like the style.
M

eViLe_eAgLe
01-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Tablet, although the reason I can do this is the result of many a doodle in class.

eViLe_eAgLe
01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Here's a small update, (i've been pretty busy.) my friends are coming over so I will have to work on it tonight.

### Latest WIP ###

mearrin69
01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Looking good. Keep it up and you're getting my vote. ;)

Are you going to color it as well?
M

Korash
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
EE, don't forget the Latest WIP tag if you want the scraper to pick it up. It would be a shame if it fell by the wayside just because of that!!! I want to see more!!!

eViLe_eAgLe
01-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Yeah, i'm going to color it as well if I have time.

And thank you for catching that! Would've gone badly otherwise.

Jaxilon
01-25-2013, 02:23 AM
gogogo! I want to see the rest. Forget about friends, they just suck up time that could be spent on drawing more maps for us to look at :)

eViLe_eAgLe
01-26-2013, 05:13 AM
I managed to get some decent work done :D Now that all the grunt work is gone - the floor tiles, and the walls. It should be smooth sailing from here.

### Latest WIP ###
(Comments, criticism, etc, etc please :))

On a side note - I consider this a spiritual successor to my first ever try of a hand drawn battlemap (http://www.cartographersguild.com/virtual-tabletop-battlemap-mapping/15813-multiple-vtt-wip.html).

mearrin69
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Looking good! The only thing that catches my eye is the direction change of the stone pavers in the lower-left corridor. It almost looks as if the diagonal pavers from the section in the right end in the air...as if at a balcony or something. That's what it makes my eye do, anyway. I'm not at all sure how to "fix" it, or even if it needs to be fixed. Can't wait to see this finished.
M

eViLe_eAgLe
01-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Whew, everything on this map done except coloring and some minor tuning - next, I start on the regional map i .want. to have along with this and the dungeon under-neath the keep, and then compile them in some sort of report around the area.

### Latest WIP ###

eViLe_eAgLe
01-28-2013, 10:46 PM
### Latest WIP ###

Here's what I have, i'd continue a bit more.. but, with my computer and photoshop (for coloring.) I can't do it, this computer cannot handle brushes well at all.. So, I tried shading (Using an ENOURMOUS amount of paths for it. Because, I can't paint with photoshop on this computer.)

And - here's the unfinished linework of the regional map. Which I won't finish by this contest. I will finish it though. (Along with the dungeon part of the castle.)

mearrin69
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Looks great colored! Nice job.
M

eViLe_eAgLe
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
It's a shame I won't be able to finish it.