PDA

View Full Version : [Other] A map for a videogame modding [Will pay with a videogame]

OguzhanKavakci
02-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Hello everyone. Me and my friends are working on some fantasy world for Crusader Kings II. Hope you'll help.

SUBJECT

51805 Here's a sketch drawing i have been working on.

STYLE

PNG files would be great.

51806 And here's the style i would like to see that sketched map. Mountains, Rivers, Deserts, Snowy places etc.

QUALITY&SIZE

Any size that will be big enough to zoom in to read the titles would suffice.

NOTE

As it is seen, there are numbers with symbols near them on the map. I would like to clear them out. So maybe you can use different symbols for, castles and cities.

The ones with (*) near them are castles.
The ones with (') near them are cities.
The ones with (#) near them are landmarks.

Symbols for castles and cities and also the names of them would be good. Only names for landmarks would suffice. Here's a list:

Castles

1* =Crezaj = Around this castle are islands and a name in the map for them would be great. ''Güneş Adaları''
2* =Revar
3* =Beloton
4* =Vujdavir
5* =Alomour
6* =Karabul
7* =Cinkirai
8* =Kırmızı Limanlar
9* =Elebor'un Deniz Feneri
10* =Scheis
11* =Tij
12* =Vuvanor
13* =Kist
14* =Jist
15* =Aj
16* =Sajerel
17* =Gelâhar
18* =Sivavos
19* =Zikaril

CITIES

1' =Kargadöj
2' =Küçük Korsan
3' =Büyük Korsan
4' =Alendar
5' =Philador
6' =Cinkiradel
7' =Cinkiradon
8' =Ilk Dönüş
9' =Ölüm Limanları
10' =Donmuş Deril
11' =Nehirveji
12' =Art Heykelleri
13' =Vijdanor
14' =Yüksek Tapınak
15' =Ikinci Dönüş
16' =Krakdol
17' =Ana-Lur
18' =Sivazdorel

LANDMARKS

#1 =Kızıl Yamaçlar = Mountains, kinda red mountains.
#2 =Kara Kafes Daglari = Mountains
#3 =Art = A temple, but there is no need for any symbol or something.
#4 =Viradokre Gölü = A lake.
#5 =Scheis Nehirleri = Rivers.
#6 =Donmuş Daglar = Mountains, frozen.
#7 =Yanmış Orman = A burned forest.
#8 =Cruvez Bataklıgı = This place will be a marsh, i drew some sticks around #8, those are the borders of the marsh.
#9 =Eski Duvar = Ruins of an ancient wall
#10 =Beyaz Ayı Ormanları = This place will be a forest, so..
#11 =Kırmızı Yürüyüş = And this place will be a wasteland.
#12 =Çukur = Most important is. This place is a pit. So, some sort of a circle pit put in to the island would be great.

There are foreign letters as it is seen. If they will cause any problem you can contact me.

I will pay with a game called 'Dota 2' through Steam. Here are my contacts!

oguzhankavakci@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/oguzhankavakci

You can contact me from these adresses. I will give the paying information while in contact. Have a nice day and thank you!

OguzhanKavakci
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I've decided to upgrade the payment to 6 Dota 2 game instead of one..

angelroble
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
52032Is fine? Not finished, but almost (ex i need the map title). No need for the payment

OguzhanKavakci
02-09-2013, 04:30 PM
That's really amazing! Uhm. At the north of the wasteland near the Scheis, those rivers name is Scheis Nehirleri, i think you saw the same name of the lake. Also the village at north of the Küçük Korsan was meant to be Büyük Korsan, except the name problems it is really great. I see that you've add some rivers too, and that is just amazing! Title is ''Selante'' no need for ''Map of the land of...'' or anything like it, only Selante would do. Thank you so much man! If you change your mind about the payment, i would gladly pay it.

angelroble
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
52058If everything is right now Ill send you the gretaer quality map. I did modify, as you noticed, some features to make the map a bit more realist, as some terrains were weird in my opinion. Maybe you can add some reputation to me (dont know if it is useful for something or if it is appropiate to ask for it, im a newbe here :)

OguzhanKavakci
02-10-2013, 09:11 AM
It is great! I can see that you've made some editing. It's amazing. Thank you very much! And as far as i know, it's inappropriate to ask for rep, but a work like this. You've earned it ^_^

angelroble
02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Sent email with link to greater image size; tell me if there is any problem

lmbarns
02-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Where is that map you're showing for style from? It's awesome.

Midgardsormr
02-11-2013, 02:39 AM
That one is Tear's. The WIP thread is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/regional-world-mapping/6549-westeros-made-pasis-tutorial.html
And yes, it is awesome.

OguzhanKavakci
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Everything is great! Thank you!

lmbarns
02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
That one is Tear's. The WIP thread is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/regional-world-mapping/6549-westeros-made-pasis-tutorial.html
And yes, it is awesome.

Sweet. Usually I only see big fat maps, that's one of the first long skinny one's I've seen. It reminds me of britannia a bit, from Ultima, which was my favorite game series.

I wonder if he'd mind if I build a 3d map based off it....but I guess if it's based off a book it's probably copywrited or something already? I guess I could edit it enough to be different.

Edit:: Also I made a big tutorial post a few days ago teaching how to make 3d maps in Blender and photoshop but it never made it through moderation...I spent several hours making all the pictures.....oh well....

Midgardsormr
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
You should check Martin's fan art policy, if he has one. Most authors exercise voluntary ignorance toward matters of non-commercial fan art, although there are a few who outright disallow it and at least a couple who permit it under certain conditions.

If it's the style you're most interested in, you could probably look to see if one of Pasis' maps carries a Creative Commons license that permits derivative work. He was the one who developed that style.

As for the moderation thing, you're the second person today who's mentioned having a post caught in the mod queue. Maybe the community leaders need to be prodded about that. Hopefully there wasn't some bug in the forum that ate them…

lmbarns
02-11-2013, 04:25 PM
You should check Martin's fan art policy, if he has one. Most authors exercise voluntary ignorance toward matters of non-commercial fan art, although there are a few who outright disallow it and at least a couple who permit it under certain conditions.

If it's the style you're most interested in, you could probably look to see if one of Pasis' maps carries a Creative Commons license that permits derivative work. He was the one who developed that style.

As for the moderation thing, you're the second person today who's mentioned having a post caught in the mod queue. Maybe the community leaders need to be prodded about that. Hopefully there wasn't some bug in the forum that ate them…
Thanks, I was more interested in the shape. I'm making a little kids game where you tame/ride animals in an open world with 5 towns where you can compete in races and accept hauling jobs to haul materials to other towns.

This is a little example of one I made from the britannia map in ultima online: 52105