PDA

View Full Version : *** February 2013 Mapping Challenge - Submerged ***

Jaxilon
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
This month's challenge is to create a map that is at least partially submerged under water. How well you address this will be judged by voters.

It could be anything from Atlantis to a partially flooded building but it must show some portion as being submerged beneath water.

This challenge will close on the 28th or shortly thereafter since it is a short month and we need all the days we can get.

Remember to include your ### WIP tag information so your entry is included on the thumbnails of the competition (see the rules thread or visit the archived challenges to see how this is done).

Have fun and keep dry if you can.

Beoner
02-05-2013, 06:27 AM
That's funny, yesterday I was thinking about mapping an underwater city, and then this challenge comes up :)

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to do it '-'

LonewandererD
02-05-2013, 06:35 AM
I was actually trying to do this for last months comp but I couldn't find the time, now I can correct that. Just need to figure out what the heck to map :(

-D-

Kier
02-05-2013, 06:39 AM
You're joking, right?

I just did this for the last challenge, lol.

Bogie
02-05-2013, 08:25 AM
You're joking, right?

I just did this for the last challenge, lol.

That was the first thing that came to my mind also!

Jaxilon
02-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Well, you only have to have "part" of the map submerged this time. :)

It's virtually impossible to not have some overlap with so many different maps being made all the time.

Kier
02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, you only have to have "part" of the map submerged this time. :)

It's virtually impossible to not have some overlap with so many different maps being made all the time.

It is quite alright, was rather funny to me though.

I had better get my mind thinking and my skills honed, it appears I will have to step my game if I want to compete with the big boys.

Bogie
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I had better get my mind thinking and my skills honed, it appears I will have to step my game if I want to compete with the big boys.

You've got it backwards,,,,It is competing with the big boys that hones your skills.

Nighthawk
02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Ooooo... I was going to do such a map for my current project ("Revenge of the Crystal Scion" for Pathfinder), but I might actually get around to doing this. Let me think...

Kier
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
You've got it backwards,,,,It is competing with the big boys that hones your skills.

I stand corrected. :) I hope it works, a lot of great maps on here.

Pryme8
02-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Im down... I think ill doodle up and idea while at work...

Larion
02-13-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm still pretty new here... how do I go about submitting a map for this challenge once I complete it? Sorry for my noob-ishness :P

Gamerprinter
02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm still pretty new here... how do I go about submitting a map for this challenge once I complete it? Sorry for my noob-ishness :P

Once you've completed your map, you upload it using the 'paperclipped rectangle' (add an attachment) in the menu above the advanced reply window. You can upload files up to 4+ MB in size, no more than 4000 pixels wide approximately. You add it as an attachment to your thread post. If you follow my challenge thread - Brigatines Rest, you'll see I upload parts of the map as I create it, then composite the whole and up load as I've explained above.

Pretty easy, even for a noob.

Larion
02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Once you've completed your map, you upload it using the 'paperclipped rectangle' (add an attachment) in the menu above the advanced reply window. You can upload files up to 4+ MB in size, no more than 4000 pixels wide approximately. You add it as an attachment to your thread post. If you follow my challenge thread - Brigatines Rest, you'll see I upload parts of the map as I create it, then composite the whole and up load as I've explained above.

Pretty easy, even for a noob.

Ah. Yes, I saw your submission. Very nice. Though I'm good with Photoshop, I lack any actual drawing skills, beyond doodling haha. Thanks for your help :)

The Marked Hat
02-16-2013, 04:20 PM
This time, I will enter. Last time I had a drawing, but I never managed to get a good picture.

My entry will be, as usual, hand-drawn. I hope to get a picture soon and enter.

Ramah
02-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Against my better judgement I think I too will take part in this challenge. I need to take a break from labelling and this may provide a welcome diversion.

I have a half-formed idea of how I will do partly submerged city map. Not looking forward to it much as it will be an overhead, city map done on a tight schedule... so 3 things I dislike/suck at. Still, no pain no gain. :)

Gamerprinter
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Against my better judgement I think I too will take part in this challenge. I need to take a break from labelling and this may provide a welcome diversion.

I have a half-formed idea of how I will do partly submerged city map. Not looking forward to it much as it will be an overhead, city map done on a tight schedule... so 3 things I dislike/suck at. Still, no pain no gain. :)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :D

Jaxilon
02-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Just a reminder that this contest should close tonight. I don't know if it'll be me or not but I have things going on tonight. If nothing else, I can probably lock it up before I go to bed late tonight and start the voting sometime tomorrow morning.

So get your last minute updates in there to make make it hard on those pesky voters. :)

vorropohaiah
03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Do we have any news on the March challenge?

Jaxilon
03-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I love your enthusiasm vorropohaiah, even if I haven't figured out quite how to say your name without getting my mouth twisted up. :)

I'm about to lock up this challenge right now and then go see what's on the docket if anything for the next one. I hope to have it up sometime today between all the other things I must get done. If I don't get to it hopefully one of the other CLs will.
*looks around over both shoulders but doesn't see anyone*

Let's hope I have a smooth day.