PDA

View Full Version : City map: Argria for the CWBP

mearrin69
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi all,
This is a city map I did for the CWBP. I started it ages ago, when I was but a wee Guild novice, but never got around to finishing it. The file got up to 300Mb or so and I eventually started flattening pieces of it so I could get it finished without serious chugging. I'll link to the WiP thread here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/cooperative-worldbuilding-project/8176-[region-1][map-27][town-01]argria.html) so you can see how it developed and get a little of the story I developed for it if you're interested. Honestly, it could probably benefit from a border and nice decoration but I'm not sure what to do with that so I'm going to leave it as is. Hope you like it!
M

Tom_Cardin
02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
That is gorgeous! The shadow on your central building really makes the whole thing pop.

Larb
02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Yep, that one is going in my inspiration folder.

* sadly I cannot rep you at this time. =(

mearrin69
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Inspiration folder, wow! Thanks, guys. And, Larb, since that means you've repped me recently I guess it's no bad thing. Thanks! :)
M

Vellum
02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
I like this!! good job, now get crackin on that boarder LOL I'm going to read the back story on the build thread now ;)

AntonioFrade
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I like the city a lot, and, like Larb I will put the image into my "inspiration" folder.

If I can do a simply suggestion... try to add some crop fields around the city. Right now seems that the city was build in the middle of nowhere.

Bye,

mearrin69
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks. It absolutely *was* built in the middle of nowhere! ;) i guess I'll gather up the bits of the story from the wip thread and bring them over here. The city'll make more sense if folks read all of that stuff.
M