PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Ringing
02-08-2013, 05:51 AM
I don't ussually join forums or threads but since i started a D&D game in SL, I have found myself making maps ((As hosting a game in secondlife i have the freedom to build or upload a map easily.)), and as i am always looking for tips and content. I decided why not join.

Ringing
02-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Hello again I would like to share the first map i ever made it was edited and created in GIMP, as its really the only image program i use
This is the map before i added the town Names

mearrin69
02-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Welcome to the Guild! It's a pretty good map. I like the icons. Did you draw them yourself? The whole thing might look slightly better if the base map (all but the icons) had a bit more saturation, to match the colorfulness of the icons. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
M

Ringing
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Accually i used open source images for the towns I was looking forward to trying to make some myself on my next map, And I will try to add more saturation as you say to the next one.
And Thanks

arsheesh
02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the Guild Ringing! Isn't it such a good feeling to be able to create your very own maps for your campaign? I love that. Anyway, hope to see you around.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Troedel
02-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the guild. Continent looks like Fractal Terrains? Keep looking around, and just map on ;)

Ringing
02-19-2013, 09:37 AM
yeah i used a fractal map to get my contenents and kinda merged three maps together in gimp