PDA

View Full Version : Absence for a while

Schwarzkreuz
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi,

just for the ones who may wonder about my recent absence, I wanted to place a short notice here that I will be off for some time to recover in a hospital. I had been victem to a hit&run car accident, resulting in a broken leg and several injuries. Still happy I am in one piece still. My chain misfurtune lately have the quantity of an urban legend by now. Getting robbed in broad daylight, having some ass stealing and selling my stuff online, beeing ill, now beeing wracked by a damn car. I am a stubborn one and hard to kill of but enough is enough, so I will join a recovery clinic till they stitch me up. If I ever met my guardian angel, he is fired. I am still having time till friday to wrap up some things, some open commissions and stuff, I dont like open endings.

Will be back soon in a couple of weeks. Thank you all for your support!

aquarits
02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
The forces of good be with you in your recovery and that everything goes well and your estimated time. That your health back with more force and when it return, come with more power to start.
With the bad times we can only get the experience, to aggrandize best periods in the future.

Take care and peace.

Diamond
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Oh, man! That sucks big time. Hope you get better soon, and we'll all be thinking about you. Come back with kick-ass maps! :D

torstan
02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Ouch - that sounds terrible. I hope that bad things run in threes and your bad luck has run its course. Look after yourself and we'll see you back here when you're mended.

Vellum
02-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Hey you take it easy and recover!! We want you back when your ready. A prayer for a speedy and full recovery with the results of good health and that they catch the bastard and hang him by his, well you get the rest ;)

foremost
02-13-2013, 08:54 PM
That sucks. I hope your bad-luck streak is over and you are able to recover quickly. I will be looking forward to your return, but don't rush anything and take it nice and slow, like that stupid driver should have. :\

arsheesh
02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Yikes! If we're ever in a thunderstorm together, remind me not to stand to close to you. But seriously, I hope you have a speedy recovery and that they catch the SOB that hit you.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Greason Wolfe
02-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Serious bummer. But, as others have already said, take care of yourself first. We'll still be here when you get back, and I'm betting that there are still plenty of maps just waiting for your touch.

GW

Bogie
02-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, get well Josephe.

Sapiento
02-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Dann gute Besserung!

vorropohaiah
02-14-2013, 03:09 AM
hope you make a speedy recovery and start posting some lovely maps again :)

Mark Oliva
02-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Gute, schnelle Besserung!

Jaxilon
02-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeesh, here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ramah
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear about this, man. Although it is good that it wasn't even more serious as is often the case. Hope you recover soon.

gentr1
04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I write you because, through your brushes packs at the cartographer guild, you kind of inspired me to build a tower defense game based on fantasy map graphics, so I though perhaps you would like to come on board...
I am making an android/google play/( perhaps even steam ) tower defense game with a fantasy theme.
I am losing my researcher job in around 10 days and I have a 7 month old baby, so I am quite motivated to terminate that game in around 6 weeks.
I would like your permission to use your map brushes sets linked in the Cartographer guild to build the levels of the game (25 levels in total).
My budget is ridiculously low, but I can pay [money + %] of the game profits after taxes if you were willing to send a bunch of extra brushes of buildings to give some character to the levels. Even better, if you want to design some levels directly, I would be all for it
Example: small caravans from a gipsy traveller camp, elements from an orc chieftain camp, some old stone circles, some ice cave, some random gothic necropolis castle ruins elements, strange crystals formations, strange spooky rock formations,...
I have a movie /demo of my game which gives a feeling for the type of color, ambience I am looking for.

Would you be interested?
If so I can send you link to a movie of the game (i would need your gmail address to enable you to download it from google drive), and we can discuss details, price, etc.

Cheers!
Mehdi Khoury

Korash
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
@ gentr1 - I edited you post a bit to remove the money values as that would best be discussed between the two of you if this moves forward. It might also be better if done over PM, but for that you will need to have at least 5 posts (4+ this one).

I wish you luck with your project, and if it doesn't work out with Schwarzkreuz, that you try the Mapping Request (http://www.cartographersguild.com/mapmaking-requests/) forum to see if there are others interested in this project.

gentr1
04-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep that in mind... Cheers!

@ gentr1 - I edited you post a bit to remove the money values as that would best be discussed between the two of you if this moves forward. It might also be better if done over PM, but for that you will need to have at least 5 posts (4+ this one).

I wish you luck with your project, and if it doesn't work out with Schwarzkreuz, that you try the Mapping Request (http://www.cartographersguild.com/mapmaking-requests/) forum to see if there are others interested in this project.