PDA

View Full Version : Yet Unnamed Town

MadLetter
06-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey folks!

I'm working on a town-map right now that's done in the same style as this one I did earlier (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1516)

It's still WIP... Most importantly I will bring diversity into the grass layer.

Technical:
Drew the mad by hand with a black point inkpen and scanned it. Colouring done via Photoshop.

delgondahntelius
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Nice... I'm liking it I love town maps

ravells
06-12-2008, 06:19 AM
This looks like it's going to turn into a great map. I really like the arrangement of the buildings it looks very believable.

MadLetter
06-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks ravells.

As this belongs to the Points of Light concept of assumed 4th Ed. setting, I tried thinking what the folks would do. Partly this was the clustering around in a tighter region, the farm not far off (the wavy lines in the south are the outlying fields) and building close to the keep, but not too close.
I also added the old tower who serves as quarry sometimes to show that ohter structures stood before the world fell into darkness again.
I hope to upload a new version by tonight.

landorl
06-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I think that it looks great. I like the general layout of the town, it looks quite natural in that it is not just a uniformed layout, which would rarely happen. I am looking forward to seeing more.

MadLetter
06-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Then rejoice! ;)

I gonna do a few more of those, as I'm working on adventure-making right now, including encounter maps :)