PDA

View Full Version : [REINOS IMORTAIS] Wolrd Map of Eurion

Mateus090985
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Hello folks. I was absent from mapping because of my master, but now it is finished and I can go back to my mapping projects. Here I present you the WIP of my Low Fantasy World: Eurion, in the setting Reinos Imortais.

vorropohaiah
02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
nice to see a map with ocean currents represented in it (if that's indeed what they are), though the choice for stark black for water seems a bit jarring. perhaps a bit lighter might make it easier on the eyes

Mateus090985
02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
nice to see a map with ocean currents represented in it (if that's indeed what they are), though the choice for stark black for water seems a bit jarring. perhaps a bit lighter might make it easier on the eyes

Yes, they are ocean currents. In the next version that I am working in I made small corrections, but the currents are done. Landmasses, islands and elevation is also done. Rivers are done but I am doing very small aditions when I work in some places. Lakes I will still add a few of them, but not big ones probably. Deserts and desolated areas are almost done.

What I am mainly still doing are the vegetation (the darker green). I tryed to put ice but the rewsult was crap, so I cut it. Apart from it I dont think in doing much more. Political divisions, shields and capitals are out of questions because I have more than 80 of them.

You really disliked the dark blue water? It was one of the things that people most liked in my map when I show it to them.

Naeddyr
02-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Love, love, love the overall composition.

Looking forward to more.

Mateus090985
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Small update. I finished ocean currents and deserts. I also put some more rivers and vegetation.

anomiecoalition
02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
IMHO - this map could use (deserves) a nice border. Perhaps with a green hue to compliment the land mass and break up the black ocean (which is my favorite part of this map).

Mateus090985
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
IMHO - this map could use (deserves) a nice border. Perhaps with a green hue to compliment the land mass and break up the black ocean (which is my favorite part of this map).

Thank you anomiecoalition. The border is in my to do list =)

Mateus090985
03-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Update. I did a lot of work on it, but it is not that easy to see great improvement =).

What is left to do? Propably only show the divisions of the regions, but even it may be too much. It has already a lot of information. Suggestions?