PDA

View Full Version : Palladium Commission

arsheesh
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM
This was a private commission done for a fan of the Palladium RPG. Though this is the finished map that I will be displaying in my portfolio, I am also currently still working on a slightly edited version of this map that is more true to the original design (i.e. river violations galore!). The first RPG I ever played as a kid was Palladium, and I have many fond memories of this world. So it was an absolute joy to be able to work on this map. The WIP can be found here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/regional-world-mapping/22488-palladium-wip.html).

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

vorropohaiah
03-14-2013, 07:05 AM
great map (a bit light on labels, but maybe it's the world, or the request?)

need to get my head around that tutorial... :p

- Max -
03-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Very fine job. I especially like the colours palette (what a lovely sea colours!) I'd have liked more detailed labeling but I guess actual labeling was part of the request)

vorropohaiah
03-14-2013, 07:18 AM
I especially like the colours palette (what a lovely sea colours!) I'd have liked more detailed labelling but I guess actual labelling was part of the request)
well-spotted! very nice palette.

aquarits
03-14-2013, 08:05 AM
The mountains around Scarlet waters looks like they got crashed by the sea formation, probly it was a big ridge in the pass :D
Its a beuty map looks like a poster.

arsheesh
03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
great map (a bit light on labels, but maybe it's the world, or the request?)

need to get my head around that tutorial... :p

Very fine job. I especially like the colours palette (what a lovely sea colours!) I'd have liked more detailed labeling but I guess actual labeling was part of the request)

I agree that the labels are a bit sparse. On all of the published maps this is the case. While the known world of Palladium has been fleshed out in some detail, according to my client the philosophy of the designers was to keep the map uncluttered in order to allow the DM and the party space to imagine alternate possibilities. However, it may be that I do a second version of this map with more detail added.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Monkey
03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
This one is beautiful.

raymondroot
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
you are quite talented sir

arsheesh
08-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks very much Raymondroot!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Coriolis
08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I love the font you use for the labels! Where did you get it?

arsheesh
08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
The font is called Bouwsma Unical and you can find it here (http://www.dafont.com/bouwsma-uncial.font).

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Hewdamia
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Having played Palladium Fantasy for more than twenty years I find this to be a very wonderful version of the world, far better than what you would see come out of one of their own source books. Awesome.